Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some sage commute advice

Options
  • 11-06-2012 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be moving for work soon and might have options as to where I'm based. I will be living in the Clonakilty area.

Could anyone tell me (from experience hopefull) if, for a normal 9-5 job, I would have an easier commute being based near Anglesea Street in the city or out near the County Hall??

Which work location would you go for? Assuming all other things being equal? And you have to come from Clon?

I'd be very grateful for some thoughts on it.

My gut tells me Anglesea Street would be quicker?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

your right,county hall is in the straight road? get the bus to station and your only stone's throw from Anglesea street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Thanks dude.

I should have mentioned that I will be driving my own car. But what you said is true and is something I've thought about. When the car is in for a service or I fancy a change.....or if petrol keeps rising and it makes € sense - the bus would be very convenient for Anglesea street.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

bus from clon to cork is expensive.

your biggest problem will be hitting the viaduct area at around 8.30-8.45, traffic will be heavy and backed up.

I would think that the County Hall area would be easier, as you will have to pass it on your way to Anglesea St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Thanks mountain.

Well the plan would be to turn off the Bandon Road and head for the airport from the Kinsale side. Then down the Kinsale road and into Anglesea street via the Kinsale Road roundabout.

Alternative, as you suggest, would be continue all the way to the Bandon Roundabout and from there approach the Straight Road/County Hall area either through Wilton (I doubt it) or through say Bishopstown.

Thanks for the input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

for county hall i find the best way is to go past dunnes, then head to ballincollig on the bypass, and come back in the straight road.

Not sure about the best way for Anglease street, but reckon that you will be running into heavy traffic at that time

Actually I was thinking there does the clon bus come into the city via the straight road?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

mountain wrote: »
    bus from clon to cork is expensive.

your biggest problem will be hitting the viaduct area at around 8.30-8.45, traffic will be heavy and backed up.

I would think that the County Hall area would be easier, as you will have to pass it on your way to Anglesea St.

+1 i drive from clon to cork everyday. its a nightmare from the liberties above the viaduct from 08:30 to 09:00. you could go via waterfall but traffuc will be woeful all the way into town. County hall will be better

Advertisement