Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seanie Fitz parties in Poland

• 11-06-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Seanie Fitzpatrick cheers on the Irish team from a 550 euro a night hotel in Poland with a bunch of his Fianna Fail friends.
    Well for some being elite and untouchable,I thought he was meant to be living on 188 quid a week.
    What ya think after hours have any of these developers,bankers,politicians no shame or just know they don't have to give a toss as the Irish people will eat the dirt they throw at them.

Mod added source http://www.independent.ie/national-news/seanie-joins-fans-from-plush-550anight-hotel-3134076.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Really, who's got the energy to get worked up anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bell Butter

Sappa wrote: »
    Seanie Fitzpatrick cheers on the Irish team from a 550 euro a night hotel in Poland with a bunch of his Fianna Fail friends.
    Well for some being elite and untouchable,I thought he was meant to be living on 188 quid a week.
    What ya think after hours have any of these developers,bankers,politicians no shame or just know they don't have to give a toss as the Irish people will eat the dirt they throw at them.

That's life unfortunately the world over, people with money will always have it. Fair fúcks to him, If it was me I'd be doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I just dont know what to make of this damning evidence - I'm outraged!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So bored of these threads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

That's life unfortunately the world over, people with money will always have it. Fair fúcks to him, If it was me I'd be doing the same.

It's people like you that got us into th.....zzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

You'll never beat the Seanie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They're not untouchable, I've just got no interest in feeling'em up.

It's people like you that got us into th.....zzzzzzz

Ehhh yeah........I'd love a hamburger right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Can anyone blast him with the piss please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

grizzly wrote: »
    Really, who's got the energy to get worked up anymore?

A normal response I suppose, especially when you've been shafted multiple times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

God, and here I am cutting corners and skimping on the weekly grocery shop to keep over a little bit of money to allow myself a meal out/a night out/a day out.

Anybody else doing the same as me?

While the people who got us into this mess are living it up like kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Already, the amount of surrender monkeys on here is unbelievable.

This is why the country's ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

"You're going 'ome in a fuckin ambulance"

ilovesleep wrote: »
    God, and here I am cutting corners and skimping on the weekly grocery shop to keep over a little bit of money to allow myself a meal out/a night out/a day out.

Anybody else doing the same as me?

While the people who got us into this mess are living it up like kings.

Question.... If you were him and you still had the ability to live it up, would you?

I would, people like him have spent years hiding their wealth with expensive lawyers, finding loop holes in every system to systematically stay wealthy in any event.

He's not poor by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought he was declared bankrupt no?

gerryo777 wrote: »

No, the country is fcuked because all that crap already happened years ago and involved a select few assholes. Unless you have a time machine then nothing is going to change.

vicwatson wrote: »

By filtering his money through loop holes and other investments, people etc...

His main account is bankrupt, he's not he just hid his money very well. There is a level of arrogance with wealthy people, they think we're all fúcking stupid. The display of his '91 beamer for sale was him trying to make us believe he was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

By filtering his money through loop holes and other investments, people etc...

His main account is bankrupt, he's not he just hid his money very well. There is a level of arrogance with wealthy people, they think we're all fúcking stupid. The display of his '91 beamer for sale was him trying to make us believe he was poor.

Gave the money/investments to the wife I suppose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Surrender monkeys on here?

First off consider where actually is.

Boards.ie - a commuinity site for online discussions on topics relating to (but not solely) Irish thingymajig stuffs.

After Hours - A General / Banter / half-arsed take the piss with Irish styled humour board

Has been known to play host to the occasional serious topic and treat with the respect required.

But this topic is just a bitchy remark against someone else is off abroad somewhere doing something. What you've seen above are not "surrender monkeys" but people who tire of seeing other people come here to bitch, because at times, AH is unfortunately considered to be the dumping spot on boards to just throw out nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Seanie Fitz parties in Poland??

But he has no money. OP must be mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what do you propose to do about things then? Aside from whinging on the internet that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Or a gun! Which I have.....

Yet another poster advocating violence. Nodin was doing it yesterday. What is it with Shinners threatening to kill and maim people who do things they don't like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sean-FitzPatrick_1062723c.jpg

Maybe he went, beret in hand to his wealthy wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

And what exactly have you done besides point the finger?

I'd love to know.

Yet another poster advocating violence. Nodin was doing it yesterday. What is it with Shinners threatening to kill and maim people who do things they don't like?

HA HA HA.
    Not even worth a decent response.
    99 posts and already talking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hopefully he'll catch the clap off some Polish brazzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Sean-FitzPatrick_1062723c.jpg

Maybe he went, beret in hand to his wealthy wife.

I would imagine if you are bankrupt you would be in sersious difficulty finiancially which would bring out stresses and strains and worries. He doesn't look one bit stressed there.

HA HA HA.
    Not even worth a decent response.
    99 posts and already talking ****e.

People have been arrested for racist ranting and threatening violence online before. You can't hide behind an anonymous username anymore. You can be traced so stand over your statement. You claimed to have a gun to sort out Sean FitzPatrick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Careful. You'll probably shoot yourself in the foot.

People have been arrested for racist ranting and threatening violence online before. You can't hide behind an anonymous username anymore. You can be traced so stand over your statement. You claimed to have a gun to sort out Sean FitzPatrick.

****ting myself now...
    Go and report me you tool.

BTW, you called me a shinner, I think I'll sue....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Go and report me you tool.

Well you're a silly man. You Poop. Poop face!

Well you're a silly man. You Poop. Poop face!

Na na na na na!!!

How are you getting on with that new 'broadband' thingy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

smash wrote: »
    So bored of these threads :(

I'm bored waiting for someone to even hint that any of these feckers will ever get the punishment they richly deserve. I think I'm going to be bored for an eternity.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

How are you getting on with that new 'broadband' thingy??

It's pretty nice. Faster than 98% of Ireland apparently.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2002410283.png

• Advertisement

It's pretty nice. Faster than 98% of Ireland apparently.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2002410283.png

Nice one!

Nice one!

You've totally killed this thread.

And what exactly have you done besides point the finger?

I'd love to know.

Apart from lobby my local TD who just happens to live 200 meters from me, every time I see him, what else can I do?

Question for our resident "hard-men" intellectuals: Even if you murder Seanie Fitz, how will that change anything? The country will still be stuck with the huge bank debt.

Also the few informed posters here will already know that our massive budget deficit is caused by government borrowing to pay our bloated social welfare bills and pay for the public sector's cavier. The bank debt is minor in comparison.

Oh wow you have a gun????? I didn't know they could make you time travel...

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Oh wow you have a gun????? I didn't know they could make you time travel...

Time to opt out of this thread methinks....
    Ciao!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

When Denis O'Brien gets full control of the Independent these stories will be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Question for our resident "hard-men" intellectuals: Even if you murder Seanie Fitz, how will that change anything? The country will still be stuck with the huge bank debt.

Also the few informed posters here will already know that our massive budget deficit is caused by government borrowing to pay our bloated social welfare bills and pay for the public sector's cavier. The bank debt is minor in comparison.

True.

The polititions love all this rage directed at Seanie, etc.

Think about it. If Seanie had stood up at a board meeting in 2004 and said "Stop!! :eek: Enough of this madness, we have to be prudent and stop this over lending! Although dear shareholders, that also means the end of the ridiculous yearly dividends you're currently raking in. Your dividends will now reflect those of banks worldwide excluding Ireland." what would have happened? He'd have been booted out and replaced by someone else within six months to continue the gravy train for all those who were cheering him on. The only way for this to have been prevented was reasonable and enforced regulation. But that rests with the polititions, which is why they love everyone blaming Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

newport2 wrote: »
    True.

The polititions love all this rage directed at Seanie, etc.

Think about it. If Seanie had stood up at a board meeting in 2004 and said "Stop!! :eek: Enough of this madness, we have to be prudent and stop this over lending! Although dear shareholders, that also means the end of the ridiculous yearly dividends you're currently raking in. Your dividends will now reflect those of banks worldwide excluding Ireland." what would have happened? He'd have been booted out and replaced by someone else within six months to continue the gravy train for all those who were cheering him on. The only way for this to have been prevented was reasonable and enforced regulation. But that rests with the polititions, which is why they love everyone blaming Seanie.

Lovely - but I presume the same doesn't apply to his 'great results' during the boom times - are they the responsibility of the politicians too, or is it only the bad stuff that you blame on others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Oh well, at least he didn't get to celebrate a win :p

But then when it comes to the Euros, he is use to losing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its his fault we lost!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Sappa wrote: »

Mod added source http://www.independent.ie/national-news/seanie-joins-fans-from-plush-550anight-hotel-3134076.html

Like anyone with financial sense, he didn't put all his eggs in one basket, and made sure he had assets untouchable by the bust-up.

Problem? he made use of tax schemes and incentives open to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

The French - great bunch of lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I thought he was supposed to be broke..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Clitlady

€200 bounty to any travelling Irish supporter who punches the cúnt in his stupid face

• Advertisement
Advertisement