Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seanie Fitz parties in Poland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Clitlady wrote: »
    €200 bounty to any travelling Irish supporter who punches the cúnt in his stupid face

I like the cut of your jib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Apart from lobby my local TD who just happens to live 200 meters from me, every time I see him, what else can I do?

So apart from possibly having a word with your local TD, you can't think of doing anything else?

And you have the cheek to call everyone else "surrender monkeys"?

Sounds to me like you've given up yourself.

Here.. have a banana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

€200 bounty to any travelling Irish supporter who punches the cúnt in his stupid face

And I'll give €200 more if there's a video of it put up on youtube...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

this scenario had better end in a roofie , gang bang and decapitation format .
    or Iwill not be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Lovely - but I presume the same doesn't apply to his 'great results' during the boom times - are they the responsibility of the politicians too, or is it only the bad stuff that you blame on others?

Maybe you think Seanie had "great results" during the boom time, I don't. I think he was reckless. There will always be reckless people, so the only way to keep them in rein is to have regulation in place, which is the responsibility of polititions.

All good stuff and bad stuff have people who are responsible for it, pretend otherwise to yourself if you like. You can defend our polititions from responsiblity, but I believe in accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

newport2 wrote: »
    Maybe you think Seanie had "great results" during the boom time, I don't. I think he was reckless. There will always be reckless people, so the only way to keep them in rein is to have regulation in place, which is the responsibility of polititions.
    Well it's the responsibility of the financial regulator. Just because he's employed by the politicians, doesn't mean it's their fault that he didn't do his job. The same way if a teacher didn't do their job, you don't blame the politicians.

smash wrote: »
    Well it's the responsibility of the financial regulator. Just because he's employed by the politicians, doesn't mean it's their fault that he didn't do his job. The same way if a teacher didn't do their job, you don't blame the politicians.

The polititions have control over what the regulations are. If those regulations are not in place then they can't be implemented. Anyone who employs someone to do a job should be responsible to ensure they do it and take measures if they don't.

Teachers have everything in place to do their job properly, hence no, I won't blame polititions if a particular teacher doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

+1 and I'll throw in another €200 as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Staying in a €550 a night Sheraton Hotel in Poland accompanied by a small group of friends including former Fianna Fail press secretary PJ Mara.
    Says it all about this country really....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

All good stuff and bad stuff have people who are responsible for it, pretend otherwise to yourself if you like. You can defend our polititions from responsiblity, but I believe in accountability.

You don't seem to believe in accountability for Seanie. This man lead the nation over the cliff with his reckless lending, which the other banks followed enthusiastically. Where is his personal accountability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

You don't seem to believe in accountability for Seanie. This man lead the nation over the cliff with his reckless lending, which the other banks followed enthusiastically. Where is his personal accountability?

he ****ed up a bank - it was the politicans (not just brian lenihan mind ) who wrote in the bank guarantee - so to say he lead the nation over the cliff isn't accurate. He ran off the cliff - the dail ran after him.

he is bankrupt - but he made many people rich including denis o'brien who has come to his defence many times.
    No doubt his buddies brought him on tour. Just cos he is bankrupt doesn't mean he has to walk around with sackcloth and ashes all day everyday (or maybe it does) but it doesn't mean he turns down a free holiday.

I never said that or anything like it. I'm just not going to be one of the sheep playing right into the polititians hands making Seanie the sole scapegoat as if nobody else did anything wrong. You pulled me up on blaming polititians for the state the country was in. I think they are also to blame and moreso than one individual who was given free rein by the polititians to do what he wanted. The fact that people acted within the rules and regulations set out by the government and were still able to do so much damage speaks volumes about the quality of government provided.
    He screwed up a private bank, the polititians tied that around our necks. If they had stood up to Europe and said either Anglo is allowed to fail or all of Europe shares the hit if you want it propped up, we would not be liable now for the debt created by Anglo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Let's hops Seanies next holiday is spent slopping out on the North Circular Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rcorbet

Great to see Seanie being able to afford a €550 a night hotel while on the €180 government allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This government and the previous must really love this guy for taking so much flack. I almost feel bad for the guy reading some of the crap in here. He did what many would do. Where was the regulation?

• Advertisement

Let's hops Seanies next holiday is spent slopping out on the North Circular Rd.

There's a better chance of bertie refusing a handout or cowan going into a pub and ordering a lemonade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

washman3 wrote: »
    Staying in a €550 a night Sheraton Hotel in Poland accompanied by a small group of friends including former Fianna Fail press secretary PJ Mara.
    Says it all about this country really....:mad:

I've stayed in that hotel and it wasn't anywhere near €550 a night.

Shryke wrote: »
    This government and the previous must really love this guy for taking so much flack. I almost feel bad for the guy reading some of the crap in here. He did what many would do. Where was the regulation?

He was supposed to be one of the worlds best bankers.

Did he need a government regulator to tell him what he could or couldn't do?
    or what were good banking practices?

I've stayed in that hotel and it wasn't anywhere near €550 a night.

During a major football championship?

During a major football championship?

The rates are less than double than they would be normally.

Who knows what sort of room he was staying in, but looking at it now €250 would get you a room this week.

http://www.sheraton.pl/sopot/?lang=en&PS=EAME_aa_Starwood_Poland-3032_Google%20UK_sheraton%20sopot_04/23/10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Shryke wrote: »

Seanie Fitz and his Anglo bank are responsible for lending out developers with massive plans and imo probably in more than like with bad business skills or whatever - market research or whatever. Just look to all the empty housing estates, and empty built developments and indeed Nama.

He behaved unethically by lending out so much to those with bad business plans. Today, we now have Nama for that.

You wrote that he would do what many would do which is imo not true. Many people in their professions behave ethically. Like for example, you don't see doctors telling their patients that they have a verrucca that will need weekly attention with freezing to get them to return weekly and cough up more money each time when in fact all they have is a pimple.

Even if the banks were regulated, I don't think it would be enough for Seanie fitz anyways. Look at all the regulation surrounding the medical field. Yet, it wasn't enough to stop one doctor from removing the wombs of several women who didn't need the procedure.

The rates are less than double than they would be normally.

Who knows what sort of room he was staying in, but looking at it now €250 would get you a room this week.

http://www.sheraton.pl/sopot/?lang=en&PS=EAME_aa_Starwood_Poland-3032_Google%20UK_sheraton%20sopot_04/23/10

So that's ok then?

A man who's bankrupt and whose bank has almost bankrupted our country and who owes us the taxpayer over €100 million should be shelling out €250 a night for a room at a football championship?

Jesus, when you hear the uproar about mick wallace and a €2 million V.A.T bill you'd have to wonder why this muppett isn't lynched!

So that's ok then?

A man who's bankrupt and whose bank has almost bankrupted our country and who owes us the taxpayer over €100 million should be shelling out €250 a night for a room at a football championship?

Jesus, when you hear the uproar about mick wallace and a €2 million V.A.T bill you'd have to wonder why this muppett isn't lynched!

I'm not saying its OK, it's just a bit sensationalist for the indo to imply he is paying €550 a night for the room when he might not be.

I'm not saying its OK, it's just a bit sensationalist for the indo to imply he is paying €550 a night for the room when he might not be.

I think the Indo checked the price on that night (match night), prices may have been much higher for that night.
    He's still a p***k.:D

I think the Indo checked the price on that night (match night), prices may have been much higher for that night.
    He's still a p***k.:D

The hotel is also a 4-5 hour drive from Poznan! Although the Spain Italy match would have been local to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Seanie gets to stay in plush hotel rooms, meantime over in the states bernie madoff is in a 8x4 cell.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

he ****ed up a bank - it was the politicans (not just brian lenihan mind ) who wrote in the bank guarantee - so to say he lead the nation over the cliff isn't accurate. He ran off the cliff - the dail ran after him.

he is bankrupt - but he made many people rich including denis o'brien who has come to his defence many times.
    No doubt his buddies brought him on tour. Just cos he is bankrupt doesn't mean he has to walk around with sackcloth and ashes all day everyday (or maybe it does) but it doesn't mean he turns down a free holiday.
    I never said that or anything like it. I'm just not going to be one of the sheep playing right into the polititians hands making Seanie the sole scapegoat as if nobody else did anything wrong. You pulled me up on blaming polititians for the state the country was in. I think they are also to blame and moreso than one individual who was given free rein by the polititians to do what he wanted. The fact that people acted within the rules and regulations set out by the government and were still able to do so much damage speaks volumes about the quality of government provided.
    He screwed up a private bank, the polititians tied that around our necks. If they had stood up to Europe and said either Anglo is allowed to fail or all of Europe shares the hit if you want it propped up, we would not be liable now for the debt created by Anglo.

I'm very clear about what politicians were responsible for signing up to the guarantee - Fianna Fail lead the posse, supported by the Greens, and got backup in the Dail from FG and SF. But this thread is about Seanie, and I notice a distinct lack of criticism for what he did.

On the night of the bank guarantee, he either lied deliberately or he lied by having no real idea of his own business that he built over the previous 25 years. Either way, he bears a large amount of personal responsibility for our current mess. Many of the people that he left bankrupted aren't going to have any holiday this year, let alone go on junkets to luxury hotels. If he has mates who are paying his hotel bills, they should be paying his bankruptcy bills first.

Advertisement