Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Format & Rebuild.

Options
  • 11-06-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I take it there's a few of you out there, like me, that rebuilds their machine every once in a while? Well I'm about to rebuild my laptop, and I know that once I do, there'll be at least 2/3 programs I'll forget to install. It got me thinking, what do people do to track what they had installed?

This time I'm gonna check the uninstall in the registry to see what I have, but I was thinking there must be a better way.

How do you do yours?

Do you have any nice little programs that help the process?

Any ideas welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Maybe have a look in Add/Remove Programs, and write down the list of programs there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

will do. It'd be great if there was an online scanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Take a picture of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I usually just make a list of the programs I use.

For all the essential programs like firefox, ccleaner, filezilla etc etc I use a site called http://www.ninite.com/ which gives you 1 installer for installing all these programs in 1 go. Brilliant bit of software and saves so much ****ing time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

I usually just make a list of the programs I use.

For all the essential programs like firefox, ccleaner, filezilla etc etc I use a site called http://www.ninite.com/ which gives you 1 installer for installing all these programs in 1 go. Brilliant bit of software and saves so much ****ing time!!

jeebus, i never knew such a program existed! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Wow, brilliant! Thanks!

Advertisement