Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire G7: LCD Question

Options
  • 11-06-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC Desire G7 on which the LCD has packed in, this happened after an accident where I dropped something onto the phone and the screen cracked. The touch screen has since been fixed, but shortly after the LCD packed in. I can't justify paying a shop to repair the LCD, but feel confident I can do it myself with help of online guide and purchasing a replacement LCD via eBay.

On searching eBay there seems to be two different versions of the LCD screen for the HTC Desire G7, a Sony one and a Samsung one. I was wondering if anyone could help me in how to determine which LCD I have / need without actually opening the phone at this stage (I need a special Torx M5 screwdriver which will not be available until I order the replacement LCD).

The Desire came from Meteor Ireland in March 2011 if that is of any help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just go to your local hardware place and buy a torx set.

Advertisement