Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monivea 5k

Options
  • 11-06-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone else run this yesterday?

Great flat course 50/50 on road and forest trail. Lovely day for it and a top spread of tea/coffee & home baked goodies afterwards.

After the 5k series I was hoping to take a few more seconds off my times but found that my legs were heavy towards the end. Enjoyed it none the less.

My 1st year running it, but I'll be back next year. Well done to all involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

First time running it too. Was going for a PB after nearly breaking it in Tuam at the end of the 5K Series. However ran out of steam in the heat. Enjoyed it though. Lovely scones and tea to enjoy in the sun. Oh and a medal. Will be back next year

Don't know how the half marathon runners fared in that heat. You'd want to be well hydrated

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

I found the half horrendous. There was ample supply of water and children with hoses on route but it was far to hot for 13miles. Well that's my excuse anyways, was 9minutes of my P.B. Ran out of steam at 7 miles and it was just about getting over the line at that stage.
    Saw a poor fella taken away in an ambulance at the finish line. All in all it was a good course and well organised. You just can't predict the weather, you could be running through floods in December and Sahara like conditions (slight exaggeration) in June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Classic21

sca21 wrote: »
    I found the half horrendous. There was ample supply of water and children with hoses on route but it was far to hot for 13miles. Well that's my excuse anyways, was 9minutes of my P.B. Ran out of steam at 7 miles and it was just about getting over the line at that stage.
    Saw a poor fella taken away in an ambulance at the finish line. All in all it was a good course and well organised. You just can't predict the weather, you could be running through floods in December and Sahara like conditions (slight exaggeration) in June!!

Have to agree, the last 3 miles hurt a lot. I took it easy at the start and felt ok after 10 miles but being out in the heat for so long killed me.
    Still I enjoyed the experience!

Advertisement