Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porridge bread?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Im a pretty new convert to the whole porridge for breakfast idea, but now that "Summer" is here, I dont want to have to eat a hot bowl of food before I leave the house. I want to make a porridge muffin of sorts - a very healthy version.

Does anyone have a good recipe? Like a bowl of porridge in a baked muffin form if you know what I mean?

Im thinking

Porridge
    sultanas
    little bit of flour
    Baking powder

Bit of buttermilk to wet

Lifted with beaten egg white

Im not keen on putting sugar in, I suppose I could add honey but no more than milk, it churns my stomach to know how its made. Have to get a recipe to work around the food oddity notions in my head.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Not sure if you would like it but you could make breakfast style bars with your porridge oats,

http://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/honey-peanut-butter-booster-bars/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can make pancakes with the oats, you can make thicker ones with raisins added and they can be eaten sort of like scones. I am not sure how they would turn out if baked, pancakes are very forgiving.

Some other ideas on what to add and proportions in this old thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055002535

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Thanks for that. I have my porridge oats soaking in buttermilk in the fridge since yesterday evening so am going to have a bash at them when I get home.

Thats a great thread through the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Use rolled oats to make your own muesli is away around the porridge thing.
    Oatmeal cookies are dry option.

I use rolled oats sometimes when dusting potato cakes, not bad warm or cold

Advertisement