Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After the Access Course?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there guys.

Last year I started the Access course to Arts and Humanities at UCD. It went well and I received my results last week showing that I passed the year. I know this means I've been accepted into the Arts programme.

I applied through the CAO at the start of the year as you are supposed to. And now I'm wondering when they will get in contact with me regarding the choosing of subjects and stuff like that.

Is it the same time as the students who just did their Leaving Cert? Which I believe is around the start of August? Or do they get in to contact with us sooner because we are mature students?

The reason I'm asking is because I am planning to go back to my home country for about a month and a half, but I don't want to miss out on anything being sent to my residence in Ireland. I'd like to schedule it so I'll be back before I need to make my choices.

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KillerToaster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I got a letter from admissions confirming I had been accepted onto the course but I still had to wait for the CAO offer to come out and accept it. As I recall that was the same time as the leaving cert people

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Every year the issue comes up regarding the choice of Arts subjects. I believe that pretty much everyone is in the same position in relation to this, regardless of their personal position (with the caveat that you can give two subject preferences on the CAO)

Stress should be experienced in this loose order :D:
    1. CAO acceptance
    2. Accommodation
    3. Fees & Reg
    4. Subject choice
    5. Timetable completion

Advertisement