Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Research - Can't Find Info

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of doing up the 'ol business plan, but I've been stumped for the last few days. I'm having trouble finding any statistics or information on the Irish ticketing industry (as in, Ticketmaster, event attendance, turnover, projections, etc), as well as smartphone and app statistics for Ireland. It was all well and good when I had college databases a few years ago, but most of that information is out of date now, and most likely not usable, and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find info without paying silly money for access.

Anyone got any ideas, links, anything they can send me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MyrBerk

Hi,

Have you tried doing various research using different keywords related to ticketing industry?

Let us say, you search for the keyword "ticketing industry statistics", you get a list of that websites. After checking that websites, make use of the keywords they used on their website and then research for that keywords again.

To check the other keywords, go to the website, right click and then choose the view page source...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Cheers buddy, but I've done that to death. It's a pretty small industry, so I can imagine there being a massive straglehold on info.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

There's two things you can do.

1) Try to get info on Ticketmaster's turnover or transactions in Ireland by interviewing people in the industry (or even at the company) who might know. It is safe to assume Ticketmaster represents 90 to 95% of the market size, so you can estimate the remainder from there.

2) Try to estimate the number of ticketed event attendees per year in Ireland. Start by counting the major festivals, then the major venues (calculating number of events, capacity, average performance per event in terms of capacity sold). Then try to do the same for the next level of venues (theatres, large clubs). This should get you to roughly 80% of the market. Then you can estimate the total based on that. Now you have total ticket transactions. The next step is estimating average revenue per transaction. You can get the fee structure from Ticketmaster by inquiring about setting up an account as a promoter.

Advertisement