Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutty's Shoes, Naas

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know if this place is still open, and roughly what they charge for custom made shoes?
    have very wide feet, and can get ones in some shops that "sorta" fit, but was thinking of taking a trip out that way to get ones that really fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

dont know if its open but contact details here http://www.tuttyshandmadeshoes.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

Yeah it is still open. I walk by the place every now and then, operating beside Naas gearbox centre.
    Can't help you with the prices I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cugel

I can confirm to you that Tutty's is open for business. I myself have had several pairs made over the course of the last 7 years. You need to ring for an appointment to see George himself to get properly fitted. This requires a last to be made of your foot and this costs about €200 or possibly a little less. This is a once off expense.
    My last pair (about a year ago) was €500 and boots tend to be a little more. It really isn't a lot a lot to pay for hand made shoes and from personal experience I can tell you that they are easily the most comfortable shoes I have ever had.

Have some idea of the style you would like eg full brogue, half brogue, derby etc but they do keep example offerings in the shop window. Be prepared to wait approximately 6 weeks for the finished product but it will be worth the wait.

Advertisement