Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile VS Three

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of upgrading to the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I've narrowed down the package to two networks, Three and eMobile.

I could get the SGS3 for free on a €40.66 Classic Flex Max plan with Three. This includes unlimited data (but no tethering) and 350 flexi units (350 mins, or 700 texts or combination of both) on a 24 month contract.

On the other hand, I could get the SGS3 for €239 (possibly €139?) on a €34.50 per month plan with 15GB of Data (not sure about tethering) and unlimited calls and texts on an 18 month contract with eMobile.

I love the prospect of unlimited data on Three - but perhaps 15GB with eMobile would also suit my needs? I'm not sure how much data i'd be using as I've always used Wifi at home, but recently got rid of that, so would be solely relying on mobile data. I would listen to a lot of podcasts, facebook, e-mail, maps etc.. so not sure whether 15GB would be sufficient for my needs?

I've also gotten rid of our landline, so the unlimited calls and texts with eMobile is very attractive - oh to have the best of both networks would be ideal! :D

Not sure who to go with at the minute, so would really appreciate any comments / feedback regarding their coverage, any experiences to share etc... which might help me make up my mind :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This includes unlimited* data

FYP.

Its actually got a fair usage of 15GB, so really the data plan is the same for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I would firstly find out what the coverage is like in your area for both three and eMobile. You can have the best package in the world but if you get crap coverage and painful speeds then if will be worth nothing.

As has been said unlimited data with three is in fact limited to 15GB, you will not get charged for going over 15GB but they do state in their terms and conditions that they will throttle you. But looking at your uses I highly doubt that you will go even near 15GB, I am a very heavy user, as I can tether my iPhone and three have throttled me once, atleast that was my guess.

I am a happy three customer, but a shorter contract period would for me be very attractive, plus a cheaper monthly bill just because you pay a couple of hundred up front you are saving yourself in the long term.

Definately check out both coverage preferably a different times of the day, for instance, I get good speeds most of the time but from around 8 in the evening to 12 at night it gets very slow as there is so many users online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I was with emobile payg but switched to 3 on the package you mention above on the sg3. Cant fault either service I can tether with sg3 and 3. Suppose it depends on coverage, speed for both is great where I live

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I would avoid 3, bro bought an iPhone 4S with them and they wouldn't let him out of his contract within the 14 day get out period, still gets the odd solicitor's letter off them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate the feedback.

Seeing as I've just gotten rid of the landline, I think I'll be going with eMobile given their unlimited calls and texts.

I take it I can tether with eMobile also? Not that I plan on doing much, if any at all, but would like to know in advance.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

I am on the eMobile €34.50 a month. Is a great offer!
    When I was getting my contract I asked numerous store clerks if tethering was allowed and they all informed me that it was! Happy browsing!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Good to know nairy hipples! :D

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to signing up with eMobile now!

Pity I missed out on the SGS3 whilst it was 139, but hey, what can ya do!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sorry, I might be missing something obvious here, but I can't see the e-mobile plan that you guys are on about for 34.50 with 15gb of data?

Is the offer gone already?

Edit - Just opened my bill and saw the flyer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate the feedback.

Seeing as I've just gotten rid of the landline, I think I'll be going with eMobile given their unlimited calls and texts.

I take it I can tether with eMobile also? Not that I plan on doing much, if any at all, but would like to know in advance.. :)

I thought the half price offer required that you are an eircom landline customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I thought the half price offer required that you are an eircom landline customer.

no. But knowing an eircom landline owner to get their account number would help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nialler123

I signed up for 34.50 unlimited calls and texts to any mobile and landline plus €239 for galaxy s3 phone. It looks like the best Bill pay deal out there if your not tied to a contract already. I was with Vodafone pay as you go, but with the any network option it's a no brainer if your spending more than 20 quid a month especially with the 15.gb data allowance.

Advertisement