Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druid's Glen 'Inside the Ropes' Review... by Boards Golfers

Options
  • 11-06-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Apologies to the lads for taking so long to get this up. We had a great day out at Druid's a couple of weeks back and if you want to find out what they thought of the course, it's up on the blog.

I was trying to get a video of PistolPetes up as well, but Blogger wasn't co-operating. You can see the swing, hear the perfect contact and then listen for the sounds of a bush being molested, here: PistolPetes and the bunker

Will be doing another one soon - Macreddin have already offered a spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Nice write up Kevin and sounds like a fair review. Good to see you guys playing from the white tees also instead of cutting the course and experience short from the forward tees.

Is that a wood PistolPetes hit from the bunker, nutter to try such a bold shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Good perspective from three different levels of golfers.

Would love to review a course in Cork sometime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nice write up Kevin and sounds like a fair review. Good to see you guys playing from the white tees also instead of cutting the course and experience short from the forward tees.

Is that a wood PistolPetes hit from the bunker, nutter to try such a bold shot.

It was :D

To be honest , I was going for the big shots I dont usually go for seems it was a one off day out.

Plus Kevin had been telling me a story about a lad playing one from the bunker the other side and catching it a beauty, only problem was over my side I had bush in front of me !

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Ah the Glen - always a special feeling there from the minute you drive in the gate. Unfortunately the course normally spanks me though,

I recognise the video as the bunker on the left of 16th - normally play max 5 iron out of that one. Fair play for going with a wood - did you find your ball after that shot, or hit it into the trees in front or trees across far side of fairway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

ssbob wrote: »

I'd second that. Come down south Kevin!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The ball made it through the bush and was actually in play , I cant remember what I done next , have a funny feeling that I fluffed it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

The ball made it through the bush and was actually in play , I cant remember what I done next , have a funny feeling that I fluffed it !

Not true. As I remember it you hit your next shot onto the green and drained a forty footer for birdie. With so many birdies being marked on our cards I can see it would be easy to forget.

Haha I wish ,

Although I see the blog has stirred some debate as to weather a lad should have his shirt tucked in or out, God forbid !

Haha I wish ,

Although I see the blog has stirred some debate as to weather a lad should have his shirt tucked in or out, God forbid !

Personally, I'm a shirt tucked-in guy but as long as a person looks smart I don't have a problem. There's a debate raging on Twitter too, started by @thetodaysgolfer. It's not an easy one to solve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

bailey99 wrote: »
    ssbob wrote: »

I'd second that. Come down south Kevin!!! :)

Form an orderly queue now lads... Behind me ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

Form an orderly queue now lads... Behind me ðŸ˜႒

All in good time fellas. I have a few clubs coming to me at the moment wanting to do the same thing... none from Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

All in good time fellas. I have a few clubs coming to me at the moment wanting to do the same thing... none from Cork!

Fair play Kevin. Just out of interest how come clubs are approaching you on this, did you target a number of them a while back looking to do group reviews? What do the clubs get in return, an honest appraisal and write up and hopefully some publicity they can use to further advise their facilities?

Fair play Kevin. Just out of interest how come clubs are approaching you on this, did you target a number of them a while back looking to do group reviews? What do the clubs get in return, an honest appraisal and write up and hopefully some publicity they can use to further advise their facilities?

Close enough. Once I put up the Druid's Glen offer on here, I got a few responses from clubs who said they'd host a similar thing. That number increased after I put up the blog.

I'd love to go around the country doing it, but I don't have that luxury just yet.

Advertisement