Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cake recipe involving a lot of marzipan?

• 11-06-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I have made simnel cake (Nigellas recipe) and it was so yum (eventhough I'm not a fruit cake..eater). But has anyone got any other recipes involving more maripan. I'm no good at covering cakes so the recipe would have to be something where there were maybe layers of marzipan instead.

I was thinking chocolate cake but not sure how to go about it.

Any ideas? Something easy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Battenburg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Oh my favourite cake in the world is princess cake- someone always gets it for my birthday every year- I actually need to learn how to make it myself :D

Couple of pics here http://briggsbagge.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/traditional-prinsess-cake-marzipan.html

Its sooo nice- but these pics look like theres strawberry jam in them- theres always a layer of lemon jam or curd on the one I get and it works a treat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mewa

chocolate marzipan cake

170C for 45-50 minutes. Loaf tin 30x10 cm

200g butter,salted, room temperature
    150g marzipan, cut or torn into chuncks
    210g caster sugar
    5 eggs
    225g self raising flour
    50g cocoa
    160g milk
    80g dark chocolate, chopped or broken into small pieces

Boil the milk, then pour this over the chopped dark chocolate, stir to blend then allow to cool (do not cool to the stage where it is firm, it should stay liquid)
    With an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the marzipan to soften it, then add the butter and sugar, beat til smooth.
    Gradually add the eggs, alternating with the flour that was sieved together with the cocoa.

Fold the chocolate mixture into the cake mixture and fill a prepared cake tin with the mix.

Cook as above.

You can also add nuts or chocolate chips to the mixture

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mewa

Great-hope it turns out well for you, It is a nice teacake, made it yesterday,-it is all gone today, it is nice brushed with apricot jam or served with custard.

Advertisement