Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie bin cleaners

Options
  • 11-06-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but can anyone advise of any companies who'll come round and clean your wheelie bins in North Dublin? My brown bin is becoming a health hazard, tried to tackle it with the garden hose this morning and seemingly made it worse! It smells like death and it's alive with flies :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I don't know of any companies, would a garden hose a few good big squirts of bleach do the trick?! You can get biodegradable brown wheelie bin liner bags once you get it clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

Minier81 wrote: »
    I don't know of any companies, would a garden hose a few good big squirts of bleach do the trick?! You can get biodegradable brown wheelie bin liner bags once you get it clean.

Didn't think to use bleach actually, I was just using water but didn't get enough water pressure to actually blast the dirt off. All I really did was turn the solidified crusty compost on the bottom back into a sludge and make it smell worse. Biodegradable bin bags are definitely the order of the day, we've just been tossing the food in to it and effectively leaving it to rot in the sun, did not think that through!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

I managed to find one company online but they want 55 Euros to clean the two bins. That seems excessive....

these lads do an excellent job, at 7.50e per bin.

http://www.wheelieclean.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

A bucket of water and a mop does it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Best thing I ever bought was Jeyes Fluid freshbin powder. Pour the powder liberally into the bin, (try and hit all the slime down the sides!) close the lid and the powder absorbs the vomit inducing smell. A quick hose out and a fresh sprinkling of powder keeps it fresh.

I'm nearly sure I saw it in my local Aldi this week, I have plenty so didn't need to buy any more.

http://www.jeyes.com/en-gb/our-products/jeyes-fluid/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Aldi and Lidl do specials on power washers every few months

Keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Biodegradable bin bags are definitely the order of the day, we've just been tossing the food in to it and effectively leaving it to rot in the sun, did not think that through!

Newspapers do the job, 2 or 3 sheets keep the bin clean after you do get it done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

These guys do it brownbinrescue@gmail.com; no connection, but I had a thread on this very subject some time ago.

Advertisement