Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Bulldogs in pounds/rescues?

• 11-06-2012 1:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any pounds or rescues around the country with a British bulldog? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and realised I'd rather give an older dog a new home than pay the ridiculous prices for a pup on donedeal etc.

Comments

You dont get them too often over here. If you do they are mostly always taken before they are advertised. You can get them in the UK though. There are loads over there.

I agree about the pricing though. I have heard that they are a target for thieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

a couple of problems with getting rescue english/british bullies, 9 times out of 10, they will have problems,the bullie is a very expensive dog buy,if one is not wanted it would not be hard to sell it on, your best bet is to contact bullie breeders in ireland,they all support bullie rescue,any good bullies that are not wanted,to small to old or out of standard,are not normaly sent to the rescue centers ,but are found good homes,[i am a bully owner and lover].if you live near dublin try osgood bulldogs they may be able to help

You dont get them too often over here. If you do they are mostly always taken before they are advertised. You can get them in the UK though. There are loads over there.

I agree about the pricing though. I have heard that they are a target for thieves.
    you cannot get them through the bully rescue center in england,as you have to live within 10 miles of the rescued dog,and you also have to pay upfront just to register,i have been there.check out their web site

There are other places that do it. But the question is answered. I never heard of Osgood Bulldogs ? ?

There are other places that do it. But the question is answered. I never heard of Osgood Bulldogs ? ?
    all bulldog breeders in ireland support their own breed rescue ,try contacting them on their websites,for info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I never heard of Osgood Bulldogs ? ?

its a kennel/breeder of american bulldogs.

osgood's 'kisses of sam'
    980956.jpg

Advertisement