Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funfair Amusements Arklow

• 11-06-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been in this place on main street?

What is it?

Doesn't seem like the most inviting place. Doors are always closed over!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I was in it once about 10 years ago as a young teenager. It's an arcade about half gambling machines and half gaming machines if I can remember correctly.

I was always told it had a bad clientele but looking back now I wonder if that was just my parents just trying to keep me away from the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

are you talking about the one beside the old roma or the one opposite the park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

are you talking about the one beside the old roma or the one opposite the park?

Funfair is the one across from the park. Its like Dr. Quirkeys inside it, slots and poker machines, might have a pool table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

It has arcade games as well as slots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Funfair is the one across from the park. Its like Dr. Quirkeys inside it, slots and poker machines, might have a pool table.

are thereany of those machines like the ones in england where you put 2p in the top and try to slide out coins on the bottom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

are thereany of those machines like the ones in england where you put 2p in the top and try to slide out coins on the bottom?

No. Its no longer has arcade games its purely a gambling hall now with the usual slots & poker machines etc

(Arklow native here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Went in there one night after a few drinks. Seems like a depressing smelly place. moreso than other gambling places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Went in there one night after a few drinks. Seems like a depressing smelly place. moreso than other gambling places.

Needed some dutch courage before going in?!

Advertisement