Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince

Options
  • 11-06-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously hear me out.

This guy brought the rock in his earlier days and while has gone to more of a funk rock style he started out like below:

Went to see him in Malahide last year and it was one of the best guitar displays I've seen. The chap can shred (not in the strictest sense of shredding) and composes everything from scratch himself. Just a top notch musician.

I'll leave this one here, from about 3.30 in, he just ****in destroys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Undoubtably talented, difficult for some to see past the prize winning Pratt he is, "symbol" FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Undoubtably talented, difficult for some to see past the prize winning Pratt he is, "symbol" FFS!

TBF to him in that instance, his label wouldn't let him release any music under his own name! Good ol' TAFKAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Yet again I put my ignorance on display! Didnt know that, sorry prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yet again I put my ignorance on display! Didnt know that, sorry prince.

Not a biggy, very interesting story behind the whole thing if you have time for a read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_%28musician%29#Stage_names

Brief overview here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

A genius no doubt...
    I was at the gig in malahide aswell and while I liked some of his songs I wouldnt say I was a huge fan but after the gig I developed a bit of a love for his music.
    I think he was only 19 when he released his first album which had some cracking songs on it.
    I spent the day after the gig listening to all his albums (thank god for itunes) and seriously there are very few bad ones.
    Granted he is a little different but most talented people are.
    His guitar playing at malahide was amazing, effortless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement