Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi in Kilkenny city

Options
  • 11-06-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys, anyone know the best cafes etc. that have free wifi in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Most of them do. Mug sot, Book Centre, Kilkenny Cafe - do think everywhere offers WiFi now

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sourire

Ah, thanks :)

I was in the Kilkenny Cafe (if that's the place by Penneys) recently and the connection kept going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oconnee

Kilkenny Cafe is hopeless - waste of the money spent on tay!

Wifi in Grapevine is good and reliable. Mugshot I think was fine too last time I was there. Not sure re. any others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Bump.

Anyone know good WiFi shots for evening time, pub is fine, actually preferable. A nice pint while browsing would be nice!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

catbear wrote: »
    Bump.

Anyone know good WiFi shots for evening time, pub is fine, actually preferable. A nice pint while browsing would be nice!

I use billy Byrnes, left bank and Paris Texas. Mainly during the day when things are quiet. Broadband is a big selling point for me when going out for a few hours on Saturday. A real pity Ryan's doesn't have it.

I really love hitting the pub with a laptop. Such great places outside of the normal work environment. I come up with great ideas/solutions in the pub. And no not drunk. Some time I go drink coffee and get something to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

The Pembroke hotel bar has great wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Brewery corner Wifi was fast enough to stream sport last time I was in there. It was midweek with about 3 other people in there though, so maybe not always that good.

Thanks folks, that's really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Dores Wifi is pretty good. Kilkenny café is only good when it's quite. If it's busy, it's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Ormonde Hotel is an option also

• Advertisement

Ormonde Hotel is an option also

The ormond is very comfy. Does the Hibernian have free WiFi?

Advertisement