Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Repaint Kitchen Units

• 11-06-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I need a bit of advise please - I inherited Blue Painted Kitchen Units which need a facelift - they seem to be wooden Units painted Blue - see pic)
    As i am on a budget I am looking to paint them myself - i was thinking a Cream colour would freshen them up.

Any advice on how I would do this - would i need to sand units first and then coat units with primer and then follow this with a coat of a cream furniture paint.

Can anybody recommd primer and paint please or give any advise.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

cityworker wrote: »
    I need a bit of advise please - I inherited Blue Painted Kitchen Units which need a facelift - they seem to be wooden Units painted Blue - see pic)
    As i am on a budget I am looking to paint them myself - i was thinking a Cream colour would freshen them up.

Any advice on how I would do this - would i need to sand units first and then coat units with primer and then follow this with a coat of a cream furniture paint.

Can anybody recommd primer and paint please or give any advise.:)

Hard to see whether it's gloss or satinwood, but either way: scrape well and sand; prime only any bare wood, undercoat if you're painting with gloss, or two coats of satinwood. Should do the trick.

Advertisement