Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to bus transfer, minimum time?

• 11-06-2012 2:33pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am arriving in Limerick on the first train of the day from Dublin and it's scheduled to get in at 09.15. I'm then hoping to be on the 051 bus that leaves at 09.25.

Is there likely to any problems with this 10 minute gap? i.e. is it enough time to get off the train and onto the bus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

There should be no problem - you only have to walk out the door and hop onto the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

the bus stops just outside the train station building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If the train is on time and you are getting off of it at 09:15, then you will have no problem making the bus as it will be parked just outside the train station.

If by some miracle the train happened to be early, there is another bus to Galway that leaves at 09:15 and is a direct route unlike the 51 route.

The X51 is the direct route and the 51 is the one with stops. There is over 60 minutes in terms of travel time going from Limerick to Galway depending on which one you take.

Same bus numbers service Cork as well with the X51 being faster on that route as well.

Often pick up my mother from her place to drop her down to get the bus to Galway and the X51 is defo the one to get.

Have picked up one new thing from your post though, I never knew that 09:15 was the earliest time that a train gets in to Limerick from Dublin. Nuts that there is not a more business hour friendly train time to Limerick in the morning like an 08:15 arrival.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

@Kess73, thanks, but am getting the bus to Kilrush so need this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

@Kess73, thanks, but am getting the bus to Kilrush so need this one.

A direct bus would not be much use then. :D As someone who hates the Irish public transport system I don't envy you have to make at least three connections just to get from Dublin to Kilrush.

• Advertisement
Advertisement