Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather for my wedding

Options
  • 11-06-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys,
    I'm getting married on Friday the 22nd June in Tralee. Even though my friends are trying to reassure me that it is always sunnier in Tralee I'd love some input from you guys! Would ye have any idea what the outlook is for then please?
    Thanks a mill!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

it will be cloudy with sunny periods, possibly windy and a chance of rain, temperature between 12-25c.

Seriously, to far out to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

You should have some bit of an idea from about the 17th (Sunday). A good indicator would be the RTE farming weather on that day at about 1.00pm.

But to be more accurate it would be closer to the 19th.

That's my total un-professional opinion. :D

Either way,,best of luck with the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SexyGuy wrote: »
    You should have some bit of an idea from about the 17th (Sunday). A good indicator would be the RTE farming weather on that day at about 1.00pm.

But to be more accurate it would be closer to the 19th.

That's my total un-professional opinion. :D

Either way,,best of luck with the wedding.

Or I find more accurate, the BBC weather for the week on Countryfile on Sunday (used to be a.m. but think it's on at 6 or 7 in the evening now)

G'luck

Of course you can always stayed tuned here for MT Cranium's fantastic forecast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Late June is the Monsoon season. You booked it so chance it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Your best bet is the farming forecast, don't even worry about the weather forecasts before that date.
    I got married last year in April on a Saturday. I followed all the long range forecasts carefully, only to be told I was getting a washout. Even the farming forecast the previous Sunday said washout. Then on the monday before the wedding, the forecast changed and high pressure settled in nicely for the wedding.
    So you never know up until about 5 days in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

vicwatson wrote: »
    Or I find more accurate, the BBC weather for the week on Countryfile on Sunday (used to be a.m. but think it's on at 6 or 7 in the evening now)
    SexyGuy wrote: »
    A good indicator would be the RTE farming weather on that day at about 1.00pm.

MT Cranium's daily posts on here are the most accurate, bar none, in my opinion.

He even beats the radar sometimes, for example earlier this week when heavy rains were crossing the country, he said they would struggle to get east of the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. I was monitoring the radar all day and they showed very heavy rain west of the mountains and also seemed to cover right over to the coast, yet there was little or no rain in Bray/Greystones, which is what MT had predicted. I think he should turn fortune teller 'n all.

According to M.E. this is their latest update for next week...Still a long way off though..

"Sunday looks set to bring sunny spells and just a few scattered showers with very showery or wet weather returning for the early days of next week."

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 erydo

Thanks so far for these, anymore updates just keep them coming!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 erydo

Would anyone have a better idea about this now? I'll be getting ready at home in Limerick and reception is in Tralee.....
    Thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

You could get away with some showers as low pressure clears the country after Thursday's rain. However specifics at this range can still be way off .

120617_1200_120.png

• Advertisement

erydo wrote: »
    Would anyone have a better idea about this now? I'll be getting ready at home in Limerick and reception is in Tralee.....
    Thanks;)

This is from the Farming Weather on RTE yesterday..

Still a bit of time for things to change though.

THURSDAY: Breezy and wet, with rain becoming widespread, heavy in many areas. Cool. Max. temperatures just 12 to 14 Celsius, but 15 or 16 in parts of the north, with moderate to fresh easterly winds.
    FRIDAY: Breezy, with any rain giving way to sunny spells and scattered showers. Max. 14 to 17 Celsius, in a fresh west to northwest wind.
    NEXT WEEKEND : Early indications are for a good deal of bright weather, but with scattered showers. Temperatures around normal, or a little below.

Advertisement