Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Purchasing an iPad

• 11-06-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi guys , advice would be appreciated. I have a brief stop in NY next week and the wife and I have decided to buy an iPad together. We both have iPhones so not really keen on the android tablets.

My questions are:

1. Should we wait until next upgrade? - though I don't know when I'll be back in NY again.

2. What size to get? My 16gb iPhone is virtually full so I was thinking 64.

3. Is it necessary to get the 3G model or is wifi alone sufficient?

4. On the off chance anyone could recommend the cheapest place to get an iPad in NY.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

what is your 16gb phone full of?

My 16gb iPad is still going strong after over a year and I never yet had to delete anything off it BUT I dont bother with storing music or videos as I have a 16gb ipod touch for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

I think you can only get the wi-fi pad in the states as the 3g will be tied to a provider in the states for a data plan and not here..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

micko123 wrote: »
    Hi guys , advice would be appreciated. I have a brief stop in NY next week and the wife and I have decided to buy an iPad together. We both have iPhones so not really keen on the android tablets.

My questions are:

1. Should we wait until next upgrade? - though I don't know when I'll be back in NY again.

2. What size to get? My 16gb iPhone is virtually full so I was thinking 64.

3. Is it necessary to get the 3G model or is wifi alone sufficient?

4. On the off chance anyone could recommend the cheapest place to get an iPad in NY.

Thanks.

1. Going by Apple's established schedule, the next upgrade for the iPad will be in March 2013.

2. Up to you, 16Gb might be a bit small. I'd recommend either 32 or 64Gb.

3. If you're not desperate to be on the net all the time and happy to use it in your house or your friends', then go for the WiFi. I went for the 4G version on the basis that there might be the odd time I'm out and about and might need to go online.

4. Apple products are standard pricing directed by Apple, so go to the Apple
    Store beside FAO Schwartz and opposite Central Park (58th & 5th Ave). I'd recommend either early in the morning or in the evening/late at night (it's 24 hours). The other stores are:

Apple Store Upper West Side
    1981 Broadway
    New York
    (212) 209-3400

Apple Store SoHo
    72 Greene Street
    New York
    (212) 226-3126

Apple Store West 14th Street
    401 West 14th Street
    New York
    (212) 444-3400

Apple Store
    Grand Central
    89 East 42nd Street
    New York, NY 10017
    (212) 284-1800

As for Scotchannie's comments, the 3G and 4G iPads are not tied to a specific provider and you can buy them off the shelf. Go for the AT&T version as it's the same model sold in Europe.

Advertisement