Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my job refused to pay uniform deposit back

Options
  • 11-06-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I quit my job 1.5 week ago.i went to work today to give my uniform and swipe card back. so they took the uniform and said that they stopped paying deposit for uniform 2 years ago. i worked for this company 4,5 years,when i started they took 50 euro of me, which they said i will get back when i finish. is this legal to refuse to return deposit for uniform when i finish employment with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

what does it say in your contact, if it says that the payment is refundable then it is and they are screwing you, if it says nothing then you are going to have a hard time proving what they have said verbally to you

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭katerina621

never got my contact from them, asked number of times. So next week will get my p45 and contract hopefully.
    so many things are wrong in this company:also there are no payslips(as many other employees not getting them) since May. Informed manager many times, but this company doesn't seem to be co-operating. lots of things are so wrong. No contract given, no bank holidays paid. wrong usc taken from me.
    takes ages til they actually do something about problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

so many things are wrong in this company:also there are no payslips(as many other employees not getting them) since May. Informed manager many times, but this company doesn't seem to be co-operating. lots of things are so wrong. No contract given, no bank holidays paid. wrong usc taken from me.
    takes ages til they actually do something about problems.

I would report them to Workplace Relations for not issuing payslips or contracts as neglecting to issue either of these is a punishable offence. You must bring any complaint within 6 months of leaving employment.

Workplace Relations Customer Services

(formerly Information Services of the National Employment Rights Authority)
    Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
    O'Brien Road
    Carlow
    Ireland

Opening Hours: Mon. to Fri. 9.30am to 5pm
    Tel: (059) 917 8990
    Locall: 1890 80 80 90
    Homepage: http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

If you're not getting payslips, I'd get on to social welfare and make sure all your PRSI contributions have actually been paid by your employer.

You can request that here: https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/RequestAcopyOfYourSIContributionsRecord.aspx

Advertisement