Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery in TCD

Options
  • 11-06-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I am applying for Midwifery in TCD, does anyone have any experience with the course and what it is like?

I am 25 so a mature student, I sat the aptitude test and got a good mark. I was stuck between Children's nursing and Midwifery but I am now nearly sure I want to go for Midwifery after reading a lot about it. What I like about it is that we would just be dealing with healthy women and their families, which really appeals to me.

I would be grateful for any advice anyone can give me about the Midwifery course and what it entails.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Hey Cat,

loads of info/advice here:

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumGroup/1466/ForumView/1/Default.aspx

Congratulations on your place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Memo89x

Hi Cat

Congratulations on getting your place. I have just Applied this year for midwifery and will have an aptitude test at the end of April. Have you any advice on the aptitude test. I have done some free versions online and only scoring average I
    Would need I kick it up a notch as places are limited for midwifery. Any advise would be great.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SarahEmy

I've been toying with the idea of applying for this course as a mature student. I have 5 children the youngest due to start school next sept. I wonder am I crazy to consider midwifery but I would love this course and eventually career. Does any one have any idea of fees and college hours. I'm trying to figure out childcare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

consider childrens and general or midwifery and childrens as those who do the 4 year undergrad midders program aren't eligible for working in Neonatal units or gynae or theatre- limits your job opportunities. I am nurse who is doing the post grad in ucc. Very restricted for jobs after you qualify...

• Advertisement
Advertisement