Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me in research, please

• 11-06-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

I'm doing a research for school and I need your help.

Can you answer my question: What kind of services are you missing in Cavan ?

Maybe you need better access to something, what already exists ?

Please help me.
    Best Regards
    Paula.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

a train station!!! think cavan has really what it needs they might not be great but we have them sorry for the BAD help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

I'll second the railway link. Badly need the line from Navan to be extended and upgraded. Then at least we could hope to attract some inward manufacturing investment. Or how about UlsterBank move their IT and call centres from India to Cavan? We need parking meters that allow you put in 20 cent or whatever for a part hour's parking, or remove them altogether and have the wardens shift the people who park on double yellows? How about a hop on, hop off shuttle bus round town, from a decent size free carpark? with a day ticket costing €1? Mack in Cavan

I'll second the railway link. How about a hop on, hop off shuttle bus round town, from a decent size free carpark? with a day ticket costing €1?
    AGREE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

How about a hop on, hop off shuttle bus round town

seriously? it's cavan, not singapore. You can walk the length of the town in 10 minutes.

seriously? it's cavan, not singapore. You can walk the length of the town in 10 minutes.

a shuttle bus for around the town area like to heatons, raddison hotel, kilmore etc.... id say thats what he means!!1

• Advertisement

"its cavan, not singapore"
    Its still two miles from Drumgola Wood to The Kilmore, or from The Radisson to the swimming pool. Try walking it with a child who wants to be carried and coming back with a weeks shopping in carrier bags.
    Its just a suggestion, not marshall law ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

I'd love if Cavan had a rail service to Dublin. That hop on hop off bus is a good idea. If it could run in conjunction to Loreto and Pats coming out and going into school it could be sustainable. The amount of cars that are in Cavan is a joke. Going down by the bus station at 5 is impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

Nobody would run a bus for €1 a day per person and how often would it go once ever 20 minutes or hourly.

All that would do is put the likes of Kellys and floods out of business.
    The amount of cars that are in Cavan is a joke. Going down by the bus station at 5 is impossible.

It's not that bad its not like you are held up by more than a couple of minutes, Cavan is a small town.

celt262 wrote
    "Nobody would run a bus for €1 a day per person and how often would it go once ever 20 minutes or hourly.

All that would do is put the likes of Kellys and floods out of business"

Perhaps we could go back to the ass and cart? €5 to a taxi as soon as you sit into the seat for a 2 mile run is not affordable to everyone you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

celt262 wrote
    "Nobody would run a bus for €1 a day per person and how often would it go once ever 20 minutes or hourly.

All that would do is put the likes of Kellys and floods out of business"

Perhaps we could go back to the ass and cart? €5 to a taxi as soon as you sit into the seat for a 2 mile run is not affordable to everyone you know.

I know it isnt affordable to everyone and would costs €5 to go half a mile aswell, its a nice idea of a bus for a euro but it will never happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement