Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Religion being forced on us by An Post

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

My stamps have Lizzie Windsor. Doesn't make me a loyalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They don't post letters because they don't believe that they go anywhere if they put them in the post-box.
    Presumably, then religious people believe the letters go to a better place as the letters are away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dont they have scenes of the Nativity on them at xmas?

I think people are starting to forget that dispite alot of peoples practices, Ireland is traditionally a catholic country, these things are going to happen, some people are just going to have to get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

there's apparently new stamps being brought out because of that Catholic love-in in the RDS

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/News+and+Information/IEC+2012.htm

so now if I want to send a letter, I'm going to have it look like I'm a Catholic.
    one step too far imo.

I love the Angelus, this post thing, the minimal religious involvement in schools, confirmation, most non massgoers writing catholic on the census form, most non massgoers getting their kids christened, involvement in our hospitals, our abortion laws, and Sunday morning mass on RTE.

Why?

Because it pisses people like you right off. I cant remember the last time I went to mass, Im fairly sure I have never been as an adult. But I think it should still exist, just to annoy people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Gbear wrote: »
    So long as they also bring out stamps commemorating Ramadan then it's no problem. :pac:

Yes, they could put a nice picture of Allah on it.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Dont they have scenes of the Nativity on them at xmas?

I think people are starting to forget that dispite alot of peoples practices, Ireland is traditionally a catholic country, these things are going to happen, some people are just going to have to get over it.
    "These things" as in trivial stuff like stamps? Or is "traditionally a catholic country" to your mind reasonable as a more general response for just about anything the church might want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Yes, they could put a nice picture of Allah on it.

I like knocking religion as much as the next lapsed Catholic but this is a ridiculous thread.

BTW representations of Allah and Mohammed are prohibited in Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The tolerant in intolerance shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

the_syco wrote: »
    Can you get Twin Tower stamps? :pac:
    Only if you can retrieve them from the flames

this thread is stupid

stamps! forcing religion!
    afk tinfoil hat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Oh.my.God.

LET'S TEAR THIS PLACE APART!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

8 pages. 8 fuppin' pages on this....ffs

(Yes - I know I've just added to it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Presumably, then religious people believe the letters go to a better place as the letters are away from them.

Depends on whether they have been good letters or bad letters

Depends on whether they have been good letters or bad letters
    It's more important they believe in the existence and goodness of the mailman though. And if this mailman were to think they were good mail senders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Unless you're officially baptised when you lick the glue I'm not really sure it's such a big deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

A Government owned company shouldn't be endorsing a religion.

It's not "endorsing a religion", it's commemorating an event. The stamps no more endorse religion, than the Titanic stamps endorse the sinking of cruise ships.

Advertisement