Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacing cracked window

Options
  • 11-06-2012 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Any idea what I should expect to pay to replace the glass in a double glazed PVC window. The window is large-ish, about 6ft high by 5 ft across. No openings, one large pane. It has plastic inserts for a Georgian look if that's relevant.

Got quoted 600 to supply and fit and thought it seemed high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Any idea what I should expect to pay to replace the glass in a double glazed PVC window. The window is large-ish, about 6ft high by 5 ft across. No openings, one large pane. It has plastic inserts for a Georgian look if that's relevant.

Doesn't sound too high to me.

If you are looking for another quote try Rathmines Glass, Pat is usually pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Bigcheeze wrote: »

the georgian look is very relevant as its not an off the shelf piece of standard glass. Also the glass size you need is very large and will I assume be laminated. therefore the cost would be reasonable in my opinion.

Another option would be mira glass who I also find to be on the button price wise. (No connection but have used them for similar works previously)

Advertisement