Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summons/Fixed charge notice for speeding

• 11-06-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    does anyone know anymore about this - situation is as follows : I have just received a summons to attend court re speeding next week. I have no difficulty holding hand up and paying the fine for speeding, however I never received any fixed charge notice by post and it seems a bit unfair that the first I have heard of this is that I have to attend court.

I know that there was an issue in the courts a while back where District Court judges were striking out summons if the accused gave evidence that they had not received a fixed charge notice. As the gards did not have proof usually as the notices were not sent out by registered post then the judges were strking out the summonses. Perhaps in some cases people had received the fixed charge notices by ordinary post and were lying in the box, and perhaps the judges were getting tired of this (though hand on heart in my own case I never received such a notice).

Anyways, having asked around one friend told me that they thought that because there was a High Court case recently about this that the judges are no longer striking out the summonses just because guards cannot prove service of the fixed charge notice. So now I really don't know what to do. - should I go to court, tell the judge the truth and hope for the best, or is there any point in that? Has anyone experience this situation recently.
    Quite worried about going to court on Monday as will have implications for my job situation, and is not a place I want to be!

Thanks for any advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement