Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

• 11-06-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

How are the rest of ye set for business? Dreading a tough q1 or ratios not coming up

Less said about ABQ the better.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Timing is what I'm dreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

The timing for this paper is crazy. I will have to fly through the short questions and just write anything because I need all the time I can spare for the ABQ. I haven't studied at all for this and got 50% in my mock :P Only thing I can say is that its my last exam and I will jump for joy when I'm finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

What are we studying? I might just go through exam questions for the last 7/8 years. Reckon this would get me a B?

I really want an A in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I really want need an A in this.

Fixed your post for me.

• Advertisement

Fixed your post.

Since when did I need one? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I spent too long on the abq in last years leaving. I have to cram in business by Thursday I haven't looked at it for about a week. I've so much to do. I have the whole day tomorrow and then half of Wednesday so I'll get it done.
    I want at least a B1. I've been getting C's but that was without proper study.

Since when did I need one? :eek:

Oops, meant I needed one.. :rolleyes:

Oops, meant I needed one.. :rolleyes:

I might need one too, depending on how Biology goes, but I just really want an A in business for myself. It's my goal. The Leaving Cert can go **** it self. :D

How'd you do in the mocks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

Got a b3 in the pres but i ran out of time =( the timing in this exam is terrible compared to some other exams that fet far too much time...business needs the same time as paper 2 in english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

I have to look over the short questions , TQM , HRM and the ethics part of unit 6 or 7 :) . In terms of time , I always write as if there are only 2 minutes left and it always works :D

I might need one too, depending on how Biology goes, but I just really want an A in business for myself. It's my goal. The Leaving Cert can go **** it self. :D

How'd you do in the mocks? :)

I need an A1 in Biology too.. :pac:

90% in the mocks in Business but our examiner was a stupid marker, some of the marks deducted were ridiculous.. the only problem with business will be getting everything down in time.. :/

How'd you get on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Reprazent

Got a B1 in mocks hopefully I can pull that off again! Not relying on predictions at all considering how the rest of these exams have gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Need the old A1 here, even more so because of how these exams are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

Focusing in units 3,4,5,6 and learning definitions. Need a decent B. B3 in the mocks with just night before study so hopefully can get a similar grade or even push it up.

I need an A1 in Biology too.. :pac:

90% in the mocks in Business but our examiner was a stupid marker, some of the marks deducted were ridiculous.. the only problem with business will be getting everything down in time.. :/

How'd you get on? :)

I got 78%, I was fairly dissappointed tbh, usually get A's in class tests. Are examiner was fairly bad too, he didn't give me 10 marks I should have got, and another person should have had 30 extra marks. Timing for ABQ's is the hardest thing.

I got 78%, I was fairly dissappointed tbh, usually get A's in class tests. Are examiner was fairly bad too, he didn't give me 10 marks I should have got, and another person should have had 30 extra marks. Timing for ABQ's is the hardest thing.

I have to disagree with you there, the hardest part of the ABQ is trying to judge how many points they're looking for and how much you need to right. Granted, it's gotten better in previous years with clearer marks and questions being split better but it's still annoying.

Timing can be difficult though. I'm giving myself 20 minutes for the shorts, 45/50 minutes max for the ABQ, leaving me around 25 minutes for each long question. The hardest thing will be getting everything written down in time.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i never finish the business paper on time, my teacher is like "you do 75% of a perfect paper but then you get lazy or run out of time" :P
    praying that i won't eff up time on thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Any predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

The short questions are impossible! I don't know any of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

anyone have any advice on timing for this,as i was stuck for time on the mock and any other advice would be helpful aswell!

For the business timing.
    You divide the marking scheme by 2.5.
    Then for the number of points that you need you divide by 5.
    I forgot I had notes on the timing for the revision course I went to here it is .
    They said
    Short questions unit 1-7
    8/10
    Worth 80 marks 20%
    30 mins
    ABQ
    80 marks (20%)
    45mins
    Long questions
    60 marks on each (15%)
    First two long questions. 25mins on each
    Last two long questions . 25min on each.
    5mins for the extra short questions

I'm hoping a business plan comes up in the ABQ. Handy marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

For the business timing.
    You divide the marking scheme by 2.5.
    Then for the number of points that you need you divide by 5.
    I forgot I had notes on the timing for the revision course I went to here it is .
    They said
    Short questions unit 1-7
    8/10
    Worth 80 marks 20%
    30 mins
    ABQ
    80 marks (20%)
    45mins
    Long questions
    60 marks on each (15%)
    First two long questions. 25mins on each
    Last two long questions . 25min on each.
    5mins for the extra short questions
    actually think i have notes now from lesson street on timing im feckin stupid,thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Got an aul B1 in the mocks,
    Probobly would have done better except I arrived 15 mins late and was pushed for time.

Hopefully it goes just as well this time considering I'll be on time and have a little bit of study done :pac:

I think the best strategy is to leave the ABQ till last. Fly through the short questions and then go for the the long questions 240 marks and you don't want to potentially get bogged down on the ABQ.

actually think i have notes now from lesson street on timing im feckin stupid,thanks anyway!

Thats where they're from lol I did the business revision course there. I just remembered I had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I know units 1 to 5 well (well I didn't revise them yet but should have done by thurs... I'm doing business all day tomorrow because I dont have any exams)
    I don't know 7 at all... I know bits of 6.
    I'm doing long questions 1 and then my 3 best out of 4,5,6,7 (I.e. Whichever ones don't have business expansion!)
    For the ABQ unit 6 question I'm just gonna have to waffle and act as if I know what I'm talking about!! I remember ownership structures and their benefits/ disasvantages from Junior Cert so hopefully that comes up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I recommend doing the ABQ first. It is no different to a long question but with links.

Advertisement