Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jano1

There's a reason for the positioning of the Qs on the Business paper. By doing the short Qs first (20-25 min)you get a bit of confidence and settle in to the exam. As you go through the rest of the exam you might see info that inspires you and helps to fill any gaps you left in the short Qs. You should def do the ABQ next (40-45 min), rem it is worth 20% of the marks compared to the long Qs which are only 15% each. Students who leave the ABQ til last when they are tiring rarely achieve high marks in it. If you are running out of time at the end of the exam, make sure to write SOMETHING for each part of the question, even if just headings and a few key phrases. The examiner cannot help you if you write nothing. Don't waste time writing introductions to your answers - just go straight into your answer!! Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adsp

Does anyone know if the National Consumer Agency(set up under the Consuner Protection Act in 2007) is examinable ? According to Leeson street it's not, but it appeared on both Mock papers ???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Damogib

Adsp wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the National Consumer Agency(set up under the Consuner Protection Act in 2007) is examinable ? According to Leeson street it's not, but it appeared on both Mock papers ???

Yes it is, first year to be examined on the syllabus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It came up in the examcraft mock but not the debs mock or vice versa :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Guys, I need help :P

I am pretty crap at business and just want to pass really. Can I get away with not studying people in business? Like if I just studied international or domestic and then studied management and enterprise units would I be able to do 4 long questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ShamLad

Timing in this exam is a joke. They expect you to do every question in no more than 30 minutes! Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Guys can anyone help with how To answer Abq's? As in how much info do you need and do you quote the exact part from the text oracle reference to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Would only studying units 1,4,5 and 6 tonight be too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

Focusing on units 3-7 will get you a decent grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

what are the 5 titles under which to discuss sources of finance? Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

waiting4 wrote: »

Cost, purpose, security, tax implications, control.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

waiting4 wrote: »

You only have 3 sources of finance ... short medium and long

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

17Dan21 wrote: »
    Cost, purpose, security, tax implications, control.

thanks my book doesnt give the tax implications of any of them though... could u give me some examples of what ones are tax deductible etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

EU Institutions! Not on since 2008! Learn all 5 though!

Know TQM , HRM , they might be present in the abq question , also the marketing mix

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Iony94 wrote: »
    Know TQM , HRM , they might be present in the abq question , also the marketing mix

Yeah I was thinking the Marketing Mix and TQM were the ones to study.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

ABQ <3

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Answer all the long Qs in bullet point form. Use the SEE method for each point you make. (State, explain, example). Also, overwriting is your worst enemy when it comes to timing. Give what is required but don't bull**** and always look at the marks for each Q. If its 25 marks you need 5 points @5marks etc. Goin for the A1 myself. Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Guys - why would you give tips to someone who hasn't bothered studying? Let them sink, they deserve it. And yes, I'm a teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

teacher30 wrote: »
    Guys - why would you give tips to someone who hasn't bothered studying? Let them sink, they deserve it. And yes, I'm a teacher!

Erm..... Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

my advice for everyone units 4,5,6 and exam technique is very important, stick rigidly to the timings you have designated:)

would not like to be in your class anyway:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Well your an idiot of a teacher then. I'm sure ALL of your students have been studying for months now. Seriously, if someone can try to do a bit better, even at the last minute, then let them.

Should the break-even chart (if it comes), be done on graph paper or we just do it in the booklet ?

Iony94 wrote: »
    Should the break-even chart (if it comes), be done on graph paper or we just do it in the booklet ?

graph paper 99% sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Hoping for a B2 in this. Got a B3 in the mocks, but it was marked horribly!
    A nice ABQ would go down a treat...Praying for ratios to come up in long questions, along with something handy on the EU and the Consumer Information Act 2007.

Quite nervous though, really want to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dmcb123

All year my class have been avoiding Q.1 and our teacher basically recommended do avoid it, anyone else doing the same?

We didn't do it either cause most of us do economics and find the International Environment Question easier.... I would look over Unit 1 just for the short questions

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

ABQ <3
    Can you give us some advice on how exactly to answer them?info required,how to quote etc?thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

From a B1 student last year, best of luck tomorrow. Business was my favorite subject and we did get a pretty nice paper, hope it's kind to all of you tomorrow!

Advertisement