Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Have people learned the updated acts?

Like The Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003, Unfair Dismissals Act 2007, Consumer Protection Act 2007 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Sitting here so scared want around a B3 in business have done a serious amout of work since mocks. So scared won't get it and anything I seem to be studying tonight just won't go into my head :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Princessxx wrote: »
    Sitting here so scared want around a B3 in business have done a serious amout of work since mocks. So scared won't get it and anything I seem to be studying tonight just won't go into my head :/

You'll defo get it. I find it all seems to come back when the adrenalin of the exams set it.

donvito99 wrote: »
    You'll defo get it. I find it all seems to come back when the adrenalin of the exams set it.
    I'm hoping to god that it does know units 1,4,5,6 really well and took the important stuff out of the rest just hope its enough

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

teacher30 wrote: »
    Guys - why would you give tips to someone who hasn't bothered studying? Let them sink, they deserve it. And yes, I'm a teacher!

Id say you're a right c*nt of a teacher! I thought teachers are supposed to be encouraging and help students?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Anyone else waking up early to study business?
    I've so much to look over I've not had the time to study business with all the other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Anyone else waking up early to study business?
    I've so much to look over I've not had the time to study business with all the other subjects.

I've gone over unit 3 & 5 earlier. Going to do 4 & 6 tonight.
    Then wake up early to do 1 & 2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i've only studied units 1,2,3. wrong 3 units to have studied :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

The plan was to learn units 4-7 tonight but have only got 4,5 and half of 6 done. it's going to be another early morning. Hope the paper goes easy on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Had revised 3/4 of the Rapid Revision book today. Have taxation to revise in the morning.

• Advertisement

hey the taxation calculation that can be asked just

like your given wages and say it says get the first 26,000 at 20% and the next 14,000 at 41% and then you get the two taxes and minus the tax credit and then just tax the final tax from the whole wage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Could you get by not knowing anything from Unit 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

frantic190 wrote: »
    Could you get by not knowing anything from Unit 7?
    ive left it out, and most of the people i know have too!

I only studied EU from unit 7 just incase something comes up on it in the short questions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Where can I study the updated acts online? their not in my book and I did business without a teacher this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Okay guys, little help. How much do you intend on writing for each long question. Say 4 points, a 20 marker. Would 2 sentences be enough and an example if possible.

What's the difference between Illustrate, Discuss and state? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Okay guys, little help. How much do you intend on writing for each long question. Say 4 points, a 20 marker. Would 2 sentences be enough and an example if possible.

What's the difference between Illustrate, Discuss and state? Thanks.

illustrate means explain giving an example
    discuss means show the positive and negative
    state is just state really :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XanderBBo

Can anyone give me a list for the formulas I need to know? ****tin it for this exam. :'(

Good luck to everyone in the business exam tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Panicking now. Didn't do unit 7 and barely know any of 6. The SQs better be based on the first five units!... at least 8 of them!! :eek::confused:
    I'm going to have to waffle for the part of ABQ based on u6 and I should be ok for LQs with first five units!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Well your an idiot of a teacher then. I'm sure ALL of your students have been studying for months now. Seriously, if someone can try to do a bit better, even at the last minute, then let them.

There were 7As in my class last year, and 4 the previous year- I've a list as long as my arm of students who fight to get into my class. Good luck to all those who have put the effort in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

afc4life wrote: »
    Id say you're a right c*nt of a teacher! I thought teachers are supposed to be encouraging and help students?

Far from a c**t of a teacher. As I said in an earlier post - results prove that I encourage my hard-working students, not many teachers have 7As in their Business class most years. There are two in this year's group who did nothing...so, I won't be wishing them luck, only the students who have worked their socks off and learned all their notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

afc4life wrote: »
    Well your an idiot of a teacher then.

No personal abuse please, attack the post, not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

No personal abuse please, attack the post, not the poster.

Hate the sin, not the sinner!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

c'mon business plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

It's impossible to give A1 answers and complete the paper in 3 hours. The timing got me. Should get a B but I wanted an A1 and knew all the questions and deserved it, but the crappy timing rules come into play again. They should do one exam a day and give us all the time between 9:30 to 5 to get it done rather than trying to save money by doing 2 exams a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Lovely paper! Kept loling throughout the exam at the ABQ, RIMjob Ltd.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Thought that paper was horrible! All the nitty gritty stuff came up in the questions i planned on doing :/ ..the ABQ and short questions weren't bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

definately wasnt the best paper ever, misinterpreted a question and only realised at the end :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dmcb123

waiting4 wrote: »
    definately wasnt the best paper ever, misinterpreted a question and only realised at the end :(
    Think i did the same :/

Advertisement