Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Chronic paper, hated it. Probably only got 5/8 short questions right, ABQ was ok and didn't answer a whole long question apart from Q.5:o

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

dmcb123 wrote: »
    Think i did the same :/

was it the 1st long question by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Thought that was a great paper with the amount of effort i put in :D didn't get a few bits and bobs but overall think i should get a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dmcb123

waiting4 wrote: »
    was it the 1st long question by any chance?

Nope question 7 sorry :/ I'm sure you wrote something that you wrote was relevant :) don't worry about it it's not really worth it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

am i the only one who never gets a business paper done on time? for 2 of my long questions i only had one line sentence answers :/ think i'll get a B1 now. if i'm lucky. i really needed an A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I thought it went pretty grand. I wasn't prepared for a sources of finance on the abq . I did alright although I had accrued expenses down for long term .The last Q6 about the business plan I nearly answered it wrong and then I luckily noticed it said "Impact of technology" . Another question I nearly answered wrong was the last on Q7 when it said growth and expansion . I noticed fast luckily. I think I may have answered unfair dismissals wrong I spoke about what the unfair dismissal stands for and outlined the law :S.
    I reckon a B1 though I used the correct formats and everything.

I nearly ran out of time. I was timing myself all through it I gave myself 30mins short questions then 45mins on the abq. Then onto the long questions but I stopped checking the time then. I got to question 6 I was on part B. I checked the time it was 12pm. I started rushing to make sure I got it finished as I wasn't even on Q7 luckily I just about made it with 10mins to spare so had a chance to look over everything. I did mean to go back and add things in to the questions but I didn't have the time. I got it finished though so thats good.

I did questions 1,4,6,7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Happy with that! Actually got it finished on time for the first time in my life!! :)
    Left out unit 7 and only did 2 chapters in u6 so I was worried but I ended up being fine!
    SQs: Grand. I did all 8 required ones!!! The 2 I left were the expansion one and the trading bloc one! Got done in 20 mins

ABQ: At first sight = SHOCK HORROR! I didn't do community development! But once I started doing it was actually very doable! Did it in 45 minutes!!
    For A I said debenture/ long term loan for the company's premises and medium term loan for the vehicle. U also said something about own capital or overdrafts for rent.
    For B I was able to pick out 4 clear reasons with links despite never having looked at community development, so happy with that!! I said: improves services of community, improves economy and wealth, improves social life and recreational activities/ outdoor park etc.
    For C I evaluated 3 promotional techniques: Direct advertising through Internet, Sales Promotion, PR

LQs:
    1. Very happy but for procedures in (a) I included why a dismissal is fair/unfair in the selection procedure as well as the verbal and written warnings and arbitration by RC if necessary/ EAT.. hope that's OK
    4. Nice but I hope I did A right! I said 4 factors were
    - the message being clear, concise and accurate
    - right medium of communication
    - right form of communication
    - right timing
    And I gave about 2/1 examples in each case with different stakeholders
    5. Looked really nice but was running over time in letter so only got chance to talk about builiding & contents, motor and consequential loss insurance! I would have liked to talk about more!! I usually LOVE ratios but I blanked on the formula for ROI! I ended up using some random thing and got 12% I know I'll lose marks in calculation but will I also lose marks in profitability analysis now!?? :eek:
    6. Parts A and B grand. Talked Bout iPhone. Only had like 6 mins to do part C so I ran faster than I ever did and got 3 benefits down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Very Happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Short Questions were nice.

How may points for the 30 mark ABQ? I had only time to write 3 good points

Also was the Profit at full capacity 125,000 euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Dream of a paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Lovely paper! Kept loling throughout the exam at the ABQ, RIMjob Ltd.!

I was just waiting for the innuendos to start :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

have to say not a bad paper was pretty happy with it :)

IThe last Q6 about the business plan I nearly answered it wrong and then I luckily noticed it said "Impact of technology" .

oh crap i didn't notice that. i said stuff like anticipate future problems, acquiring finance and motivating staff. will that be wrong then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

imelle wrote: »
    oh crap i didn't notice that. i said stuff like anticipate future problems, acquiring finance and motivating staff. will that be wrong then?

Im not sure that it said impact of technology...im pretty sure it was a business plan for a technology company?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

Better than expected. The long q's suited me. I'm sure I got 8 correct for short q's. Didn't quite get the ABQ done but will have gotten a good few marks from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

Was a nice paper. Timing was tight (as always with Business, the SEC should realize 3 hours is not a sufficient amount of time to complete that paper. An extra twenty minutes would make it all the more manageable. ) so barely finished within the time. I think I finished with 1 or 2 seconds to spare. Did Q1,Q4,Q6 and Q7. Overall very pleased , B1 or A2 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Buanacainte

Didn't think that was too bad! Did anyone do the ratio question? How did you calculate the ROI?

Didn't think that was too bad! Did anyone do the ratio question? How did you calculate the ROI?

net profit over capital employed i think

Im not sure that it said impact of technology...im pretty sure it was a business plan for a technology company?

I thought it said a company wants to implement technology or something along the lines of that. It said either what is the impact or benefits i can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Shíte paper, don't know how everyone was so pleased with it.
    Granted that the SQ and ABQ were easy enough, I completely flopped on the rest.
    It's my fault for not preparing though:'(

• Advertisement

They didn't have the capital employed though.. It was one of them that you had to calculate the capital employed yourself from the figures but I couldn't really remember it

it definitely was either benefits or impacts of a business plan, we didn't have to draft one.

They didn't have the capital employed though.. It was one of them that you had to calculate the capital employed yourself from the figures but I couldn't really remember it

oh ya like you had to calculate the capital employed from the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FifaClubs Conor

Was a fairly decent paper, good short questions, ok abq and decent questions. Got 5 questions done but 1 was quite poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

NP over r.earnings and share capital :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

teacher30 wrote: »
    There were 7As in my class last year, and 4 the previous year- I've a list as long as my arm of students who fight to get into my class. Good luck to all those who have put the effort in

There was 17 A's in my Teachers Mock result this year :p
    padocon wrote: »
    Short Questions were nice.

How may points for the 30 mark ABQ? I had only time to write 3 good points

Also was the Profit at full capacity 125,000 euros?

I did 5, assuming they were at 6m each!

I got 10% for this. Seemed fairly legit as the previous years trend was 11% and they had fallen in every other ratio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

There was 17 A's in my Teachers Mock result this year :p

I did 5, assuming they were at 6m each!

I got 10% for this. Seemed fairly legit as the previous years trend was 11% and they had fallen in every other ratio!

You read the question wrong. The other ratio's were industry averages

Yeah I got 10% but I just kept messing around with the figures until something looked right :P

I really wanted TQM to come up. Most of the things I studied actually didn't really come up except empowerment , consumer 2007 act (I think I remembered it right) , Marketing things.
    The short questions weren't the best but they were alright and I forgot to put examples in for all of them.
    Overall it was a okay paper I really need this B. I'll be so disappointed if I get a C or lower. I really wanted changing roles of management to come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

Nice paper but I don't think I got the A.

Nearly came in my pants when I saw ratios for 40m :D Struggled to get the ABQ done, hoping for a B1

Advertisement