Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i got like 5.5% or something like that for ROI. was it net profit/ authorised share capital + retained earnings + long term loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Awhh Business, I really, really liked it. It’s good to see that they’re moving away from the whole predictability of the exams, for example they put some Unit 4 Stuff (ICT) into Part (A) of the International Environment Question (Question 3).

I thought it was gorgeous, and that ABQ <3.. Really irritated with myself though, could not remember for the life of me what IBEC stood for! Nearly screamed!

Hoping to God I got the A1, I really think I did! God knows, after doing 5 Mocks and getting A1’s in them all, I think I deserve it at this stage!

Only 2 Left! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

imelle wrote: »
    i got like 5.5% or something like that for ROI. was it net profit/ authorised share capital + retained earnings + long term loan?

I got

ROI 5.56%
    Current Ratio 1.94: 1
    Acid Test 0.94:1
    Debt/Equity 0.5:1

fkt wrote: »
    You read the question wrong. The other ratio's were industry averages
    No I didn't, I knew it was the Industry average- but because the firm is within the industry the % was going to be around the same for Bianua Ltd as the rest of the industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FifaClubs Conor

Same thats what i done was 50000(net profit) over 100000 retained earnings + 300000 long term loan + 500000 share capital = 5.56% i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

got 5.5 aswell!!
    and abt the business pla, i read it twice to make sure in the exam, and it said a business plan for a business in technology or sumthing

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Done forever :D Business went ok, finished in time at least :)

I definitely passed. All I studied last night was managing, domestic and international business and it paid off 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SuchGold

I think I got that.. did you get capital employed as 900k? I forgot you could also get it from Total assets - liabilities.
    I hope no none analysed gearing as it only asked for profitability and liquidity.

Guys the final result is actually only worth 1 mark! If we didn't get it, it's only 1/60 gone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

SuchGold wrote: »
    I think I got that.. did you get capital employed as 900k? I forgot you could also get it from Total assets - liabilities.
    I hope no none analysed gearing as it only asked for profitability and liquidity.

I think that's going to trick people. It was 20 marks for analysing and there were 4 ratios so I reckon lots will have done all 4. I was tempted but opted against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

for 1 (a) i said that he should prove that it was unfair dismissal n fitted in the category of unfair dismissal n then listed and explained them and then he should prove it wasnt unfair and then listed the 7 unfair dismissal categories, then went on abt constructive dismissal n that if that happened he doesn't have to prove it and the employee has to, couldnt think of anything else, never seen such a question, u think ill get anything for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FifaClubs Conor

How much analysis did people write for each ratio? Is comparing it to the recommened amount and giving one way to improve enough for full marks? Was a bit rushed at that stage.

I analysed ROI under Profitability and Current/Acid Test under Liquidity :P

How much analysis did people write for each ratio? Is comparing it to the recommened amount and giving one way to improve enough for full marks? Was a bit rushed at that stage.
    I'd imagine so! I did just less than half a page for the Profitability and about half a page for Liquidity! Be grand! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Really irritated with myself though, could not remember for the life of me what IBEC stood for! Nearly screamed!

The same thing happened to me . I'm there thinking how can I forget this I know it. I think I ended up writing Irish Business ____ Confederation
    I couldn't remember the E. When is Irish Business and Employers Confederation.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Im not sure that it said impact of technology...im pretty sure it was a business plan for a technology company?

Evaluate the importance of a business plan to an innovative new technology business .

That was the question .

I got

10 % for the ROI
    1.88:2 for Current ratio
    0.88:1 for the Acid ratio
    50 % for debt equity ...

In the ABQ (C)

There were 30 marks going for the question ( Evaluate the promotional techniques used by RIM :pac: ) I could only find 3 ( the prize , the display , the website ) do you think there are 10 marks going for each ?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Wow... I simply cannot believe that exam.... I did absolutely no work in buisness and only studied the basics last nite and managed to fill up my booklet... Everything came back to me... I may just get a B3.

Short questions were simple as.

I didnt learn the NCA 2007... Was that just the office of the director of consumer affairs? I was tempted to just write out the role of that quango....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Iony94 wrote: »
    Im not sure that it said impact of technology...im pretty sure it was a business plan for a technology company?

Evaluate the importance of a business plan to an innovative new technology business .

That was the question .

I got

10 % for the ROI
    50 % for debt equity ...

In the ABQ (C)

There were 30 marks going for the question ( Evaluate the promotional techniques used by RIM :pac: ) I could only find 3 ( the prize , the display , the website ) do you think there are 10 marks going for each ?
    Sponsorship!!

Iony94 wrote: »

That was the question .

I got

10 % for the ROI
    50 % for debt equity ...

In the ABQ (C)

I got the same except for ROI... I got 5.5%

I did net profit / ordinary share capital .... i thought thats the capital employed

Oh ye... sponsorship , was there anything else?

• Advertisement

I got:
    • Website
    • Competitions (Sales Promotions)
    • Sales Representatives (Peronal Selling)
    • Mobile Display Units
    • Sponsorship

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

It was difficult enough,

What did people say for sources of finance?

I said grants - leader plus, cause it wad a sustainable rural development.

Then equity capital from shareholders cause it was a ltd company?

Then for stalls

Accrued expenses - as in paying the rent weekly. Think that's wrong though.

Then term loan for the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Please someone tell me was 125,000 euro the profit at full capacity in the short question for break even

padocon wrote: »
    Please someone tell me was 125,000 euro the profit at full capacity in the short question for break even
    Yes it was! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I got:
    • Website
    • Mobile Display Units
    • Sponsorship

I said the same except I left out Personal selling, I'd say 4 is enough.

For the stalls i said Hire Purchase for the car and buying on Credit the stocks and raw materials needed . For Rim i said shares and Debenture

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I got:
    • Website
    • Mobile Display Units
    • Sponsorship

I said the same except I left out Personal selling, I'd say 4 is enough.

Public relations was sponsorship I think. Wonder how many points they were looking for

Yes it was! :D

The profit at full capacity is TR-TC.

So its not actually 125,000.
    Its, i cant quite remember... But I think it was 45,000 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Knock0ut

It was difficult enough,

What did people say for sources of finance?

I said grants - leader plus, cause it wad a sustainable rural development.

Then equity capital from shareholders cause it was a ltd company?

Then for stalls

Accrued expenses - as in paying the rent weekly. Think that's wrong though.

Then term loan for the vehicle.

Debenture for the 400k warehouse.
    Equity capital for the 50k refurbishment.
    Leasing for the vehicles.
    Trade credit for raw materials and stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It's Net Profit/Reserves + Ordinary share capital + long term loan

which comes to 5.55% .. Almost a hundred percent sure about this.

Think I got 1.82 for current ratio and 0.88 for acid test and 0.5:1 for the debt/equity!

Nice paper, tight for time. Very fair overall imo.

Advertisement