Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Glitt_123 wrote: »
    blanked out on EGM, said it was electronic general meeting?? is it right?
    Dapics wrote: »
    Extraordinary General Meeting.
    Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Emergency General meeting oops! haha

Dam I thought it was Emergency General Meeting too.

According to Wickipedia it's both:
    An extraordinary general meeting, commonly abbreviated as EGM...In some settings, this is known as a special general meeting or an emergency general meeting.
    Primary sector
    I said something about their being less farmers working(not sure if thats right)

That is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

For the sources of finance in the ABQ I said:

Mortgage and Bank Loan for RIM
    Leasing and Overdraft for the stallholders

Would these be okay? They sound a bit dodgy as answers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Bonavox wrote: »
    For the sources of finance in the ABQ I said:

Mortgage and Bank Loan for RIM
    Leasing and Overdraft for the stallholders

Would these be okay? They sound a bit dodgy as answers. :(

I'm not sure about Mortgage because that's for a household.

I said Grants for building and Overdraft for the refurbishments for RIM.
    I said Hire purchase for vehicle and Trade Credit for stock for stallholders.

Don't think thats right either 2 be honest:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

For the trends in the primary sector I said farmers were turning their farms into forests to get government grants, and EU quotas were affecting fisheries. God I hope that's what it says in the book...

Spent like ten minutes trying to figure out what the working capital for return on investment was, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

My writing at the end was a complete scribble. Hope they can read it. Really not too sure about my answer of sources of finance for the ABQ. RIM - equity/share capital and grant - leader plus. Then accrued expenses for the rent and term loan for the van. Is this wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭waiting4

my trends for primary sector
    - becoming more capital intensive industry with machinery taking over peoples jobs
    - irish business face more global competition for same rescources with legislation like european common fisheries policy

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

For primary sector I said
    - increased demand for organic products which gives farmers opportunities and leads to diversification
    - EU quotas on fisheries

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

I said debentures and eu grants for past (i)
    Hire purchase for vehicles and bank overdraft for supplies for part (ii)
    probably wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

How many points did yee write for the 30 mark ABQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

For the primary sector (ii) I put
    Diversification for farmers going into organic farming
    EU grants are declining for farmers, few years ago they got many and now they only get the single farm payment.

• Advertisement

What about the ABQ sources of finance?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

padocon wrote: »
    How many points did yee write for the 30 mark ABQ?

I wrote 4 Pages on ABQ

For the two 30 markers, I made 4 points on part ii) and 4 points on part iii)

But I didnt use any buisness jargon or terminology, just wrote what i Seen and explained the benefit to it and my opinion on it,

The 60 marker with the letter was BEAUTIFUL!
    though I put down the wrong damn date :(

xcorina wrote: »
    I said debentures and eu grants for past (i)
    Hire purchase for vehicles and bank overdraft for supplies for part (ii)
    probably wrong..

said debentures nd equity capital
    then hire purchase nd bank overdraft 2! :D

Accrued expenses completely wrong?

Accrued expenses completely wrong?

might not be, its not like we have the marking scheme :p id say if you explained wel they'd give it to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Juxtaposition

padocon wrote: »
    Dam I thought it was Emergency General Meeting too.

According to Wickipedia it's both:
    An extraordinary general meeting, commonly abbreviated as EGM...In some settings, this is known as a special general meeting or an emergency general meeting.

That is right.

I remember our teacher telling us once that it's a common mistake in the exam to write down emergency general meeting, but I don't think the marking scheme allows it :/ however, I can't say much I said INTERNATIONAL business employers confederation.

Other than that I found the paper to be nice! Here's hoping to a good grade :)

P.s. paper up online now!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

for the first part of the abq i just said that RIM should use equity capital for all their finances and went in to detail for that and then said that the stallholders should use leasing for their machinery and vehicles and went in to detail with that. is that ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Did you split up your finance like suggest medium term finance terms for one and then long term than the other and then explain each of them giving an example on the abq?

Did you split up your finance like suggest medium term finance terms for one and then long term than the other and then explain each of them giving an example on the abq?

ya i said long term for RIM and medium term for stallholders and had 3 points on why equity capital was suitable(with referance to abq) and then i had 3 points on why leasing was suitable(with referance to abq also) so is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Black Marauder

banana123 wrote: »

ya i said long term for RIM and medium term for stallholders and had 3 points on why equity capital was suitable(with referance to abq) and then i had 3 points on why leasing was suitable(with referance to abq also) so is that ok?

It did say that the stall holders had to PURCHEASE the vehicle .. Not sure if leasing counts. It should be ok, but you may get shafted by the marking scheme ..

• Advertisement

banana123 wrote: »

I did the same so I hope so. I use accrued expenses in long term though by mistake . I did 3 points for each too.

It did say that the stall holders had to PURCHEASE the vehicle .. Not sure if leasing counts. It should be ok, but you may get shafted by the marking scheme ..

I think I said hire purchase too and then they own it after the installments have been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Black Marauder

I think I said hire purchase too and then they own it after the installments have been paid.

Be grand then so .. I just remember the same thing came up in 07 or 06 where they wouldn't accept leasing in the answer .. Anything for their bell curve I guess :(

Be grand then so .. I just remember the same thing came up in 07 or 06 where they wouldn't accept leasing in the answer .. Anything for their bell curve I guess :(

I explained for both leasing and hire purchase :S. Just showing the options available.

i hope they accept leasing when i gave appropriate reasons like :/ they'd hardly completely discard it like? at least it was only the 20 marker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys what did ye write for 'Margin of Safety' in Short Q.10. Going through the shorts to see what I probably get and can't find this answer in my book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Guys what did ye write for 'Margin of Safety' in Short Q.10. Going through the shorts to see what I probably get and can't find this answer in my book!
    The number of units before the breakeven point is no longer reached - i.e. sales minus breakeven = margin of safety. :)

Those shorts were BEAUTIFUL werent they?! And the ABQ! But what'd you guys get for the third part of the ABQ? :( No one in my class could get more than 4 points.

Also, whats capital employed? I did the ratio question and got 12.5% by doing Net Profit over whatever was 400,000 - wrong? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

total output in units minus the break even point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »
    The number of units before the breakeven point is no longer reached - i.e. sales minus breakeven = margin of safety. :)

Those shorts were BEAUTIFUL werent they?! And the ABQ! But what'd you guys get for the third part of the ABQ? :( No one in my class could get more than 4 points.

Also, whats capital employed? I did the ratio question and got 12.5% by doing Net Profit over whatever was 400,000 - wrong? :o

I said it was the point at which the firm begins to make a profit? Feck. Can't really afford to lose marks in the Shorts of all places!

For Q.4- I got 10% for ROI. But tbh, everyone has been getting different answers all over the place so i'm not too sure!

For the 3rd part of the ABQ, I got:
    • Website (Advertising)
    • Sales Representatives (Personal Selling)
    • Mobile Display Units (Advertising)
    • Competitions (Sales Promotion)
    • Sponsorship (PR)

I'm coming to a total of about 75-78/80 for my Shorts.. Not happy, seeing as how I had to bluff parts of the longs! A1 is slowly fading away! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I said it was the point at which the firm begins to make a profit? Feck. Can't really afford to lose marks in the Shorts of all places!

For Q.4- I got 10% for ROI. But tbh, everyone has been getting different answers all over the place so i'm not too sure!

For the 3rd part of the ABQ, I got:
    • Website (Advertising)
    • Sales Representatives (Personal Selling)
    • Mobile Display Units (Advertising)
    • Competitions (Sales Promotion)
    • Sponsorship (PR)

I'm coming to a total of about 75-78/80 for my Shorts.. Not happy, seeing as how I had to bluff parts of the longs! A1 is slowly fading away! :(
    You can still get almost the 10 marks dont worry :D
    I had to bluff so much long stuff too >_> But it was my last exam and I only want a B3/B2 so meh :P
    I got website, mobile display, competition and sponsorship but I put each evaluation as a desperate attempt to get a new point. :pac:

Advertisement