Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Business Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You can still get almost the 10 marks dont worry :D
    I had to bluff so much long stuff too >_> But it was my last exam and I only want a B3/B2 so meh :P
    I got website, mobile display, competition and sponsorship but I put each evaluation as a desperate attempt to get a new point. :pac:
    You'll be fine! Hopefully i'll get 80/80 in my ABQ to make up for it!

I actually filled the booklet today, so proud, I hadn't filled one yet in these exams and was a goal for me! :P

What questions did you do Patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

banana123 wrote: »
    for the first part of the abq i just said that RIM should use equity capital for all their finances and went in to detail for that and then said that the stallholders should use leasing for their machinery and vehicles and went in to detail with that. is that ok?
    That's like EXACTLY what I said :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You'll be fine! Hopefully i'll get 80/80 in my ABQ to make up for it!

I actually filled the booklet today, so proud, I hadn't filled one yet in these exams and was a goal for me! :P

What questions did you do Patch?
    Fook, you filled it?! I wrote 18 pages in English P2, the most in any of my exams, and still had like half of it to go?! :eek: The ABQ was so nice, hope I did well! :) I was like "oh wow I could get an A here...let me see if the rest is so nice! Oh...ohhhhh....never mind" :pac: I managed though :)

I did Q2, 4, 5, 6 - had never done a letter before...but I think I did it right. :) Had to wing a lot e.g. secretary and chairperson? :P What'd you do? :) Any extra ones? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Lovely paper! Kept loling throughout the exam at the ABQ, RIMjob Ltd.!

I'm so disappointed, its only Rim, not RimJob! :pac: Thought the writers were either very naive or had a great sense of humour :P

Fook, you filled it?! I wrote 18 pages in English P2, the most in any of my exams, and still had like half of it to go?! :eek: The ABQ was so nice, hope I did well! :) I was like "oh wow I could get an A here...let me see if the rest is so nice! Oh...ohhhhh....never mind" :pac: I managed though :)

I did Q2, 4, 5, 6 - had never done a letter before...but I think I did it right. :) Had to wing a lot e.g. secretary and chairperson? :P What'd you do? :) Any extra ones? :P

Yeah I got it completely filled! :pac: I did like 5 pages for the ABQ though. I tend to overwrite in Business :pac:

Nearly the same, I did Q.3, 4, 5, 6! Me neither! It was a bit weird but I liked it! Ohh and the Secretary/Chairperson question, <3'd it. Just looked at it this morning at 7, and my Mam is on a lot of Committees and that so I actually knew all the stuff! I gave 7/8 points for each one :D

No Business plan though, (well a little bit of one) but no actually doing one, it kinda disappointed me. I really wanted to show them my indepth knowledge of them! :P

I was writing like a MANIAC. People were telling me I look possessed during exams, I breathe really fast and have my head literally on the desk with concentration. And i'm a lefty, so I look like an idiot when I write (hand is all curled in). At the end of the exam I stood up and everyone started laughing, my hand was COMPLETELY covered with ink, it was terrible! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

That's like EXACTLY what I said :P

well lets hope they're nice and count leasing as a method of purchasing :P ***** :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

banana123 wrote: »
    well lets hope they're nice and count leasing as a method of purchasing :P ***** :P

yeah but everyone else seems to be saying that the did 2 for RIM and 2 for stallholders :( shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:(

Yeah I got it completely filled! :pac: I did like 5 pages for the ABQ though. I tend to overwrite in Business :pac:

Nearly the same, I did Q.3, 4, 5, 6! Me neither! It was a bit weird but I liked it! Ohh and the Secretary/Chairperson question, <3'd it. Just looked at it this morning at 7, and my Mam is on a lot of Committees and that so I actually knew all the stuff! I gave 7/8 points for each one :D

No Business plan though, (well a little bit of one) but no actually doing one, it kinda disappointed me. I really wanted to show them my indepth knowledge of them! :P

I was writing like a MANIAC. People were telling me I look possessed during exams, I breathe really fast and have my head literally on the desk with concentration. And i'm a lefty, so I look like an idiot when I write (hand is all curled in). At the end of the exam I stood up and everyone started laughing, my hand was COMPLETELY covered with ink, it was terrible! :P
    Omg you machine :P Was tempted to do Q3! But something put me off :') Me and historykitten had a texting business marathon asking and answering questions and so much came up :) And stuff I studied at 9am like ratios and company structures came up! :D Btw do co-operatives have limited/unlimited liability? I guessed it was unlimited to make a contrast with private limited companies (educated guess :)) but yeah I wasnt sure :L

Haha I just was like WHO WE ARE, WHERE WE'RE GOING etc :P Caps everywhere as per my book, that was another 9am job! Definitely got at least one extra grade because of that cramming :L :L Hahaha! Doesnt sound as bad as my friend's cousin a few years back, her hand BLED in English and she kept writing, trickling blood onto the page omg :')

yeah but everyone else seems to be saying that the did 2 for RIM and 2 for stallholders :( shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:(

i know but if you give one it shows that you've actually chosen the source of finance and since they didnt specify then i hope its ok :P

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

The number of units before the breakeven point is no longer reached - i.e. sales minus breakeven = margin of safety. :)

Those shorts were BEAUTIFUL werent they?! And the ABQ! But what'd you guys get for the third part of the ABQ? :( No one in my class could get more than 4 points.

Also, whats capital employed? I did the ratio question and got 12.5% by doing Net Profit over whatever was 400,000 - wrong? :o

I said it was the point at which the firm begins to make a profit? Feck. Can't really afford to lose marks in the Shorts of all places!

For Q.4- I got 10% for ROI. But tbh, everyone has been getting different answers all over the place so i'm not too sure!

For the 3rd part of the ABQ, I got:
    • Website (Advertising)
    • Sales Representatives (Personal Selling)
    • Mobile Display Units (Advertising)
    • Competitions (Sales Promotion)
    • Sponsorship (PR)

I'm coming to a total of about 75-78/80 for my Shorts.. Not happy, seeing as how I had to bluff parts of the longs! A1 is slowly fading away! :(

Think those points on the promotional mix are spot on.

I said all the same, then mentioned branding even though it's not promotion, hope they don't deduct me. Also I think I said 'direct selling' for the personal selling one, again I don't think they'll penalise (hope). What did you say for sources of finance and the analysis of profitability and liquidity?

• Advertisement

Well it was 20 marks and two parts, 2 @ 5 for each I assumed, and they only gave 2 on RIM and 2 on stallholders didnt they?

ya i'm quickly realising how wrong i answered it :P i just thought since it said the most appropriate then i needed to give reasons why it was the most appropriate and itd work out at 2 @ 10 each?

Omg you machine :P Was tempted to do Q3! But something put me off :') Me and historykitten had a texting business marathon asking and answering questions and so much came up :) And stuff I studied at 9am like ratios and company structures came up! :D Btw do co-operatives have limited/unlimited liability? I guessed it was unlimited to make a contrast with private limited companies (educated guess :)) but yeah I wasnt sure :L

Haha I just was like WHO WE ARE, WHERE WE'RE GOING etc :P Caps everywhere as per my book, that was another 9am job! Definitely got at least one extra grade because of that cramming :L :L Hahaha! Doesnt sound as bad as my friend's cousin a few years back, her hand BLED in English and she kept writing, trickling blood onto the page omg :')

It was probably the Part A on how Developments in technology have influenced the growth of globalisation. I just wrote about;
    • Internet/International Advertising
    • Video Conferencing
    • Electronic Data Interchange
    • 'Just-In-Time' (JIT) Manufacturing Process

Was grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

For the ABQ part 3 I just Pointed out the techniques eg website did the link and then evaluated. Didn't think they were looking for sales promotion, branding, advertising etc. Hope that wasn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Co-ops have limited liability .....

Iony94 wrote: »

Unlimited?

padocon wrote: »
    For the ABQ part 3 I just Pointed out the techniques eg website did the link and then evaluated. Didn't think they were looking for sales promotion, branding, advertising etc. Hope that wasn't necessary.
    No it wasn't, you could have put them in if you wanted though!

No it wasn't, you could have put them in if you wanted though!

TG, and thank you :)

What did people say about the National Consumer Agency? I said
    -they inform consumers of their rights, web, hotline, consumer choice
    -they prosecute retailers, name and shame, issue on the spot fines
    -give warnings regarding products that have been recalled, unsafe for usage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I just skimmed over co-ops, was I right in saying they apply to the Registrar of Friendly Societies for formation?

Namlub wrote: »
    I just skimmed over co-ops, was I right in saying they apply to the Registrar of Friendly Societies for formation?

Ya thats right. I had down Register of clubs and societies and then I was like no it's friendly societies.

• Advertisement

It was probably the Part A on how Developments in technology have influenced the growth of globalisation. I just wrote about;
    • Internet/International Advertising
    • Video Conferencing
    • Electronic Data Interchange
    • 'Just-In-Time' (JIT) Manufacturing Process

Was grand! :)
    No I liked that bit! must've been part B :P
    Iony94 wrote: »
    Aww. :( Oh well, I was never looking for a top grade in business anyway :L
    Namlub wrote: »
    Damn, completely forgot about that. >_> It sounds like something from Pokemon :pac:

Aww. :( Oh well, I was never looking for a top grade in business anyway :L

A co-op has unlimited liability ie personal assets will be taken in the event of bankruptcy.

So I was right? :D

Sorry I have my definition mixed up. A Co-op has limited liability ie personal assets will not be touched in the event of bankruptcy.

Ah well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

There was 17 A's in my Teachers Mock result this year :p

I did 5, assuming they were at 6m each!

I got 10% for this. Seemed fairly legit as the previous years trend was 11% and they had fallen in every other ratio!

There were two As in my mocks - but I'm delighted it was marked hard.
    Bet my very last cent that there will not be 17As in the results in the real thing!! In fact, I'll give you a grand in cash if there are!! ;-) That paper is going to be marked very hard :-(

teacher30 wrote: »
    That paper is going to be marked very hard :-(

That really is the last thing we want to hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

padocon wrote: »

I did that aswell. I said competitions and sponsorship and something else aswell. Glad thats been cleared up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

teacher30 wrote: »
    There was 17 A's in my Teachers Mock result this year :p

I did 5, assuming they were at 6m each!

I got 10% for this. Seemed fairly legit as the previous years trend was 11% and they had fallen in every other ratio!

There were two As in my mocks - but I'm delighted it was marked hard.
    Bet my very last cent that there will not be 17As in the results in the real thing!! In fact, I'll give you a grand in cash if there are!! ;-) That paper is going to be marked very hard :-(

What makes you think it's going to be marked hard? It was by no means an easy paper, was very nitty gritty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

What makes you think it's going to be marked hard? It was by no means an easy paper, was very nitty gritty.

I thought it was very hard. I probably only got 5/8 short questions correct!! Hope its not marked too hard:o

Advertisement