Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Grinds

Options
  • 11-06-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am looking for java grinds taught using BlueJ, hopefully in Kilkenny city. I just finished first year in a Multimedia Applications Development course and need help catching up with java for my programming module.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

Save yourself the money, just buy "Java for Dummies". Don't let the name put you off, it's one of the best books out there for teaching yourself Java.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

If need you need some help with any code let me know and I can look over it/explain it to you. I have used the obligatory BlueJ program while in college too (We moved to Eclipse in the middle of second year). While I don't agree with using BlueJ it does teach some fundamental concepts with objects/classes.

It would be no harm buying a book like mentioned in the last post or something like the highly recommended 'Ground Up Java' and doing it in your own time as well as there will be some tricky concepts down the line that having a head start in would be of no harm.

Advertisement