Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper 2...Before/After**

• 11-06-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Couldnt see one! :p So I dont feel like studying for this. I think I'll tackle everything reagarding poetry and stories except Caca Milis. I despiiiiise talking about caca milis :o And as for the comprehensions...well... we'll see how that goes :cool: :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I love this paper, it's the best part of the whole Leaving Cert course to be honest. The stories and poems are just brilliant craic to study, can't wait to write about them!! <3

*Sarcasm*

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I thought the above was serious for a second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The poem question is worth less than reading it out on the oral. Effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Namlub wrote: »

yeah i know :rolleyes: ah well its one exam! @Togepi, I honestly was taking you seriously for a moment and seen the *sarcasm* I did have a wee laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Well I don't know about you, but I was exhausted after reading out Colscaradh, really took it out of me. I probably would have had to sit the rest of the exam out if I had gotten one of the longer poems to read.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Going to learn off the achroimes, I can just waffle about everything else. I've stuck up all my Irish notes on my bedroom wall next to my bed so I can read/comprehend them when I'm too lazy to leave my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

You should go onto radionalife.ie and listen to the ardteiste podcasts.. they discuss every poem and story as well as the new syllabus...takje notes while listening good way to study ... that is what i'll be doin no books for me !

Togepi wrote: »
    Well I don't know about you, but I was exhausted after reading out Colscaradh, really took it out of me. I probably would have had to sit the rest of the exam out if I had gotten one of the longer poems to read.

:pac:

I got Spailpin Fanach, I needed weeks to recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

An tEarrach Thiar, beat that b*tches :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

My deepest sympathies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

Does anyone have any notes on how to answer the questions with regards to the genre each leamhthuiscint is written in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

A Caca Milis question would be right up my ally. Have an essay about the teannas between Paul and Catherine, so fingers crossed! The poem is bull****table enough, what with it being on the paper! Really can't understand why the comprehensions have been shifted to paper two, though... Very strange decision.

A Caca Milis question would be right up my ally. Have an essay about the teannas between Paul and Catherine, so fingers crossed! The poem is bull****table enough, what with it being on the paper! Really can't understand why the comprehensions have been shifted to paper two, though... Very strange decision.

Apparently they wanted to stop people using words/phrases from the comprehensions in their essay. Which I totally would have done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

Apparently they wanted to stop people using words/phrases from the comprehensions in their essay. Which I totally would have done...

Haha, fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Im hoping for two handy enough reading comps, they're what always brings me down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

In giving you the poem on the sheet is that beacuse they expect you to use quotes whereas they don't expect you to quote from the prós and An Triail..? Or will ye be quoting everywhere ye can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Enda93

Are people rewording the comps or just copying from the text ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

Enda93 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can just pull from the text apart from the Q7 (6?) the one where you have to give your opinion or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Enda93

Pepperr wrote: »
    Enda93 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can just pull from the text apart from the Q7 (6?) the one where you have to give your opinion or whatever
    Yeah I know it doesn't specify, just not sure if it's better to put it in your own words, my teacher told me to reword it, I'm just worried about time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

could some one tell me what percenr is going for paper two,i know the marks,but whats the percent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 17Dan21

16% for comps
    8% literature part
    5% prose
    5% poetry

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

17Dan21 wrote: »
    16% for comps
    8% literature part
    5% prose
    5% poetry

thank you sir...alot of bother for 18%,i have biology tomorow too...ugh!!!!!:mad:

Technically you could leave out poems and pros and still get an A

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

3 hours and 5 minutes is a bit tight for all that! What are the timings that you guys are using? I barely finished on time during the mocks :o

Cáca Milis is simply amazing. :P

thank you sir...alot of bother for 18%,i have biology tomorow too...ugh!!!!!:mad:

The literature is actually only 6.6%. I made a mistake.

I agree with you

thank you sir...alot of bother for 18%,i have biology tomorow too...ugh!!!!!mad.gif

Same! :( I think I'll just try learn three good An Triail questions as there isin't a huge amount they can ask on it, maybe gave a quick look over the prós and just completely bluff the poetry, seeing as they give it printed I'm just going to fill it with quotes. I'm hoping for an A1 in Biology so I don't want to neglect it.

p.s How much are you guys going to write for each question? Is a page and half sufficient for the filíocht and prós and then maybe two and a half or so for An Triail?

dmca93 wrote: »

p.s How much are you guys going to write for each question? Is a page and half sufficient for the filíocht and prós and then maybe two and a half or so for An Triail?

I'd be delighted with a page each on prós and poetry and a pgae and a half on A thig na tit orm. You're all making me look bad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

3hrs and 5mins for 18 measly %.

EUGH disgusted, t'will be another late night anyway. Last night I brewed a bit of Colombia's second finest export at midnight and kept on going till about 2.30

17Dan21 wrote:
    I'd be delighted with a page each on prós and poetry and a pgae and a half on A thig na tit orm. You're all making me look bad :D

Don't worry, I wouldn't say I'll write that much!:D I just think it's better to aim for the most ya can because you'll never get more than what you aim for, you could apply that to life in general (bit gay but true! :p)

• Advertisement

Point taken.

Advertisement