Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper 2...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oldcrescent

i tried for half an hour to study,its too boring...im moving onto biology for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Going to have to leave my Irish paper 2 study till 6 in the morning...:P I have to go cram Biology for the next few hours then hit the sack for a few hours!
    I know Thig na tit orm,general gist of the stories and the poems will be grand.
    Oh and make sure you know your grammar for the last part of comprehensions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Anyone learning a paragraph on the poets? It came up in mock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah I've got a bit on all of them, so boring to learn though. Why can't they all be file anaithnid :'(

Also, are you supposed to have quotes for the pros? I have one of Caca Milis and Hurlamaboc, but that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Donr think so.

Just to be million % sure, can you just copy your answers from comprehension?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 liverpoolskid

Do ye think we will be given the so called easier poems and prós seeing as it is the 1st year of the new course??? :)

treely wrote: »
    Anyone learning a paragraph on the poets? It came up in mock.

we were told to make sure to know them! its an easy 5 marks too, just have a few sentences like, he was born in ____. died in _____. simple stuff like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

we were told to make sure to know them! its an easy 5 marks too, just have a few sentences like, he was born in ____. died in _____. simple stuff like that :)

Also you need to know to tie them into the poem....

maitin o direan left the island when he was young so he felt home sick....

cathal o searcaigh moved to dublin and london but he was born in the country so he felt alienated....

biddy jenkinson lives in dublin so this must have influenced this poem due to a lack of nature and estates etc.

Do ye think we will be given the so called easier poems and prós seeing as it is the 1st year of the new course??? :)

This this this a thousand times this.

I'm hoping for grathrud/caca milis and hurlamabuc

then geibheann/an tearrach thiar and colscaradh

and then eiceolai/ a chlann and colmain.

Ideal!!

Tankosaur wrote: »
    Also you need to know to tie them into the poem....

maitin o direan left the island when he was young so he felt home sick....

cathal o searcaigh moved to dublin and london but he was born in the country so he felt alienated....

biddy jenkinson lives in dublin so this must have influenced this poem due to a lack of nature and estates etc.

what did cathal o searcaigh and biddy jenkinson write?? :P

• Advertisement

This this this a thousand times this.

I'm hoping for grathrud/caca milis and hurlamabuc

then geibheann/an tearrach thiar and colscaradh

and then eiceolai/ a chlann and colmain.

Ideal!!

that would be living the dream! :D sport better come up in the comprehensions, it has to make an appearanc somewhere anyway! :D

what did cathal o searcaigh and biddy jenkinson write?? :P

Colmain and eiceolai respectively.... you are doing H.L right? You're supposed to write who wrote each one.

Colmain and eiceolai respectively.... you are doing H.L right? You're supposed to write who wrote each one.

aw yeah thats alright, i am doing an triail instead ya see! :):D

aw yeah thats alright, i am doing an triail instead ya see! :):D

Sorry I keep on thinking poetry is mandatory, but the same goes for the common poems... you need to link the poets life into the poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 QUESTI0N

How much do we write for the Poetry/Prose/An Triail questions? It said 550 for the 100 mark question in P1, so, about 200 words for these?

Oh and on a side note: What on earth do write about? I mean, how could one possibly write 200 words about "Geibhean" or "Hurlamboc"?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

QUESTI0N wrote: »
    How much do we write for the Poetry/Prose/An Triail questions? It said 550 for the 100 mark question in P1, so, about 200 words for these?

Oh and on a side note: What on earth do write about? I mean, how could one possibly write 200 words about "Geibhean" or "Hurlamboc"?

Your message there is 50 words. Multiply by 4 and that's 200, it's not that much, you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

hope the grammar questions they ask are nice for the comprehensions, not some unusual things that i don't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Cathal Ó Searcaigh is still on the course? Íosa Chríost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Oh god I hope they don't put Seal i Neipeal on the paper. I literally haven't looked at that since before Christmas in fifth year. Come on Hurlamaboc or Cáca Milis!

Anyone else just going to make up their poetry answer today..? I am not bothered learning off answers and will just look over the pros :D
    Having Biology and Irish on the same day is not healthy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

A everyone have sample answers learnt or is there anyone else jut gunna try and waffle it?:/

My revision is just reading over a couple of the stories, haven't a notion of learning off stuff for it. Never have, never will. :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    My revision is just reading over a couple of the stories, haven't a notion of learning off stuff for it. Never have, never will. :cool:

Ah same here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Ah twas actually alright! For hurlamaboc i wrote about competitiveness, materialism, falseness and stuff! An tEarrach Thiar was grand enough and An Triail was alright i had an answer learnt about micharthanacht so i fiddled with it a bit! The comps were alright too i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

That was such a boring paper. I could have fallen asleep, other than that it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

It'll be strange to not have people raging about the SEC and their ploy to screw us all over today after that paper

Didn't like the paper apart from the comprehensions. The roghnach poetry question was lovely apart from the bit about the poet, I had to use a harder poem just for that, even though my favourite one fitted the question. Messed up on An Triail too because I didn't know the word for feminism (I would've understood it if it had anything to do with the Irish word 'bean', but no). The prós question gave us the worst, most confusing, and most boring story on the old course (which also came up last year). :cool:

So yeah, the whole paper bored the arse off me. I enjoyed doing 6 (a) in both comprehensions though, they should just have those for the whole exam. :P

6 (b) confused me though in the first comprehension. What did they mean by 'people like Jim Thorpe'? And there was a ridiculous amount of questions, they're only seven marks each but loads of them had three or four questions for each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 teacake

Those comprehensions were strange, overall 17 questions in each one , so 34 overall, seems a lot! Needed the whole 3 hours and 5 mins for the whole paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CFC4lyfe

Easy enough. Fluent in Irish so was bound to be as I know the stuff well. An Triail question was a bit tricky but to save myself done A Chlann as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 QUESTI0N

Er… correct me if I'm wrong but did I spot a grammatical error on the Hurlamboc question?
    Déan plé air sin

I thought, but I might be wrong here, that 'ar' should have been used in that case? If so then scarlet for the SEC

Advertisement