Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Stain

• 11-06-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this questions has been asked before...About 6 weeks ago got bedroom painted all good i say, Then my plumber had to come in and had to raise my hot water tank and he said while up there a pipe burst due to movement, and some water came down into the bedroom...i had some paint left so i touched up the stain this morning but i noticed it has come through again,
    Any ideas on what i should do next..will i give it another coat, or do i use something else...Can't afford to call back the painter again so it is a case of DIY....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Forgive me if this questions has been asked before...About 6 weeks ago got bedroom painted all good i say, Then my plumber had to come in and had to raise my hot water tank and he said while up there a pipe burst due to movement, and some water came down into the bedroom...i had some paint left so i touched up the stain this morning but i noticed it has come through again,
    Any ideas on what i should do next..will i give it another coat, or do i use something else...Can't afford to call back the painter again so it is a case of DIY....

Once the leak is fixed just touch up the stain with an oil based paint such as undercoat and leave overnight to dry. Next day paint over the undercoat with the paint you initially used and that should do the trick.

Advertisement