Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Body & Soul festival from Galway Friday Morning 22nd June

Options
  • 11-06-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is heading from Galway city to the Body & Soul festival early on Friday morning 22nd June. I am volunteering there and will need a lift, can contribute towards fuel costs and the craic, I need to be on the festival site before 12pm. I have also created a facebook page for B & S volunteers to source a carpool or get info about appropriate bus and rail services to the festival site from around the country. https://www.facebook.com/groups/103642026444227/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My Friday lift can't go now, so I'm looking for one too... I'm not volunteering though, I just have to be there by Friday evening. There's two of us and I'm happy to share costs and craic too.
    I'll keep an ear to the ground if I hear of more lifts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Might be driving but wont be until Friday afternoon/evening.. will PM you guys if I am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

driving up friday afternoon, only myself and my girlfriend in the car at the moment, keep in touch guys!! Cant wait now, its by far the best festival in the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Link aint working for me but if there was a bus it would be handy. The drive home on the monday is always a little sketchy at best, then again the car comes in handy for stashing extra supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 booyakasha

myself&a friend (2 girls) are also looking for carpool options for friday. not sure about exact time but i'd say late morning/afternoon from galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 conor mc namara

RINO87 wrote: »
    driving up friday afternoon, only myself and my girlfriend in the car at the moment, keep in touch guys!! Cant wait now, its by far the best festival in the country!

Looking to head up fri eve or early sat if that suits??? maybe myself and one or two mates. Share petrol and whatever! cant wait

Looking to head up fri eve or early sat if that suits??? maybe myself and one or two mates. Share petrol and whatever! cant wait

yup, will be leaving early friday afternoon. I may have to pick up some mates along the way but if not the spots are yours. I'll keep in touch and try let you know the story as soon as possible. I can only bring two at most tho, 5 in the car with camping gear etc is a bit of a squeeze!

Fri aft/eve would be great for us. We do have guitar, backpacks and tent though, but are used to the squish. Happy to share costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronnellan

Anyone leaving Galway from saturday morning??? Would go friday but going to Ray Davies in the Roisin. There are a few of us going, would be more than willing to carpool, if anyone has a car,van etc., happy to pay towards petrol etc.

• Advertisement

Probably driving from Mervue on Friday - leaving around 3-4pm.
    Would have room for 3-4 people. To be Confirmed.
    PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronnellan

got sorted with transport. bus to dublin then bus from dublin to b and s

A friend might be driving from Galway on Sat morning.. space for 1-2 I think

I've sent a PM to inisboffin. I now have to leave thursday evening. Apologies if anyone was depending on me for a lift but I had not recieved any confirmations yet.

RINO87 wrote: »
    I've sent a PM to inisboffin. I now have to leave thursday evening. Apologies if anyone was depending on me for a lift but I had not recieved any confirmations yet.

Got it, thanks. Waiting to hear but fingers crossed for lifts and sunshine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MedbKC

Hey guys I'm organising a bus up on the Friday at 7 from the Cathedral returning midday Monday details here - https://www.facebook.com/events/324004911017986/
    Hope it helps anyone ^_^

Driving from Mervue leaving 3-4pm on Friday. Space for 1-2 more if anyone interested. Returning Monday afternoon.

Advertisement