Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to start biology?

• 11-06-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So i said ill pick up biology outside of school and never actually got around to opening a book :/ Is it too late to start tonight and pull a D3 out of my ar*e?
    I know what people are going to say and quite frankly don't bother fu*king commenting if your just here to flame me....
    I was thinking of learning all the important "stuff" as such and hoping to wing it? Opinions people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Good general knowledge, large amounts of coffee, no sleep and skip Irish in the morning, maybe a D3 in pass, if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

alot of biology is common sense...if you try really really hard you might just get your pass but i dont know...i mean....i kinda studied and i know i willl fail :D but thats just me..

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacko94

it'll be tough,ya could get lucky,get the exam papers and dont stop till half 1 tomorrow ! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Gallad123 wrote: »
    So i said ill pick up biology outside of school and never actually got around to opening a book :/ Is it too late to start tonight and pull a D3 out of my ar*e?
    I know what people are going to say and quite frankly don't bother fu*king commenting if your just here to flame me....
    I was thinking of learning all the important "stuff" as such and hoping to wing it? Opinions people!

If you haven't been at classes then it's unlikely you can 'wing it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Gallad123 wrote: »

Course you could!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Ehm, I really do not think this will be possible. I'm usually all for optimism and that, but if you haven't been to classes or looked over the material with the exam starting in 19 hours it would be impossible to pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

:):):) me last week? I'd of said no chance, but new an improved me is back with the sunniest of sunny dispositions,you can absolutely achieve a pass tomorrow, with the help of coffee and elbow grease!!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

I honestly doubt you could pull it off.. no offense.. and an F doesn't look good on your Leaving Cert :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

19 hours to start a subject from scratch and pass the LC exam. If you only did a quarter of the course, and that quarter came up in the exam you'd still be lucky to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Mista wrote: »
    I honestly doubt you could pull it off.. no offense.. and an F doesn't look good on your Leaving Cert :/

Who's ever going to see the Leaving Cert results except you?

You only put the results that you want employers to see on your CV.

And the CAO system only counts your top six subjects.

So I wouldn't worry about whether an F will "look good"!

OP, would a D3 in pass (if you got it) be likely to be any good for you for points? Unlikely, as it's only five points, right? I think you should forget about it and concentrate on your other subjects. Even if you don't study for it and try to get by on general knowledge, the time you'd spend in the exam would be far better spent relaxing/preparing for the rest of your exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

That'd be awesome if you could; I was thinking of taking up biology and dropping physics last November because of my shít teacher. I learnt the whole course of physics myself, so I'd say don't try it with biology in 17 hours :P Didn't you have to send your subject choice to the SEC anyway about 2 months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Tonight learn... Ecology(simple) food(simple) Enzyme experiments and leaft yeast production alcohol.... Learn human reproduction... have a look at photosynthesis and definately mitosis and fungi amoeba (not wrote out very good dont have time to best of luck)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

lolwut

• Registered Users Posts: 4 topshop

Know how to label diagrams that will give you easy marks if you're not up for learning the whole course

• Registered Users Posts: 4 topshop

Know how to label diagrams that will give you easy marks if you're not up for learning the whole course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Well do you think you passed?

Advertisement