Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Build Actions

Options
  • 11-06-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Just wondering what u gys here do post building a new pc, Do you run the system for a number of hours to "burn in" the cpu, runn stress tests with prime 95 etc? or is there anything you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Play games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Do ALL the installs!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

ok apart from the obvious :rolleyes:, do you guys do any burn ins or anything or are ye doing that by playing games in their all new glorious details:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Install steam & play a few games to try it first. If its crashing/BSOD's-Memtest for the RAM, Intel Burn Test for the CPU, Furmark for the GPU.

All being well then OC the CPU-Intel Burn again to check stability as Prime 95 takes too long & I have no patience. find max OC, then back off to a stable clock that I think is adequate. Plan next upgrade, rinse, repeat :)

glynf wrote: »
    Install steam & play a few games to try it first. If its crashing/BSOD's-Memtest for the RAM, Intel Burn Test for the CPU, Furmark for the GPU.

All being well then OC the CPU-Intel Burn again to check stability as Prime 95 takes too long & I have no patience. find max OC, then back off to a stable clock that I think is adequate. Plan next upgrade, rinse, repeat :)

Thats great, thanks a mill! wasnt sure how or what to test with but thought that i should!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

-Install anything needed from www.ninite.com
    -Install HWMonitor, CPU-Z and prime95
    -Run prime95 for a few hours and watch for temperatures and stability
    -Play games

deconduo wrote: »
    -Install anything needed from www.ninite.com
    -Install HWMonitor, CPU-Z and prime95
    -Run prime95 for a few hours and watch for temperatures and stability
    -Play games

Great stuff, thanks...

i only found out about ninite this eve and it looks the biz! great idea that one

Advertisement