Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Powered By The Dole" stickers on cars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Saw those and two that said powered by child benefit

Were the Child Benefit ones on kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Abi wrote: »
    claimants bearing these stickers should be on a fucking bus.

Maybe they can be given new stickers to put on their lapel.. to make it easier for people to recognise them?

Maybe they can be given new stickers to put on their lapel.. to make it easier for people to recognise them?

What shape and colour were you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Clitlady

You have to admit two things here.

1) It would be worth checking out if the owner is a claimant, and if so - put them on a reduced payment. Actual claimants bearing these stickers should be on a fucking bus.

2) If it is a real claimant with this sticker on their car, they're scum.

You have my vote hun, fúcking disgrace if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    The stickers are getting the reaction that was intended.

Indeed, no matter how obvious the trolling some folk will always fall for it. Well played unemployed civic owners, well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

hondasam wrote: »
    The dole must be sponsoring them, free advertising.

It's the only growth industry we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I agree, some people must be struggling, but you can't blame those who aren't. and even if you do, getting yourself worked up over it isn't going to make any difference to matters.

:cool::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I saw a car sticker a while ago that said "naughty person on board". WHAT THE HELL!!?? Why would anyone be proud that their child is naughty? I find this attitude sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I saw a car sticker a while ago that said "naughty person on board". WHAT THE HELL!!?? Why would anyone be proud that their child is naughty? I find this attitude sickening.

You'll have a fit when you see the "I have a perfect body.. in the boot" one that's doing the rounds :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

marshyc wrote: »
    if its powered by DOLE does that mean ??? it runs on little pots of fruit :Dimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmzHkjqah5ed-1gPfDEiYEyaQmJZC1dcAbCec_teDImE91LgSX

Hahaha brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

magentas wrote: »
    Maybe they're highlighting that the greed of your generation caused the current recession which resulted in them not able to find employment.
    Haha "my generation"! The last 2guys I saw WERE my generation:p

When does one generation end and the next begin, that's what ai wanna know?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

Buy an aul sticker for the car they said...
    Be a laugh they said...
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Jesus, some people really need to lighten the **** up.

But its not even funny. Its actually insulting to those that have to go out and earn their taxes to pay their dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well done, you've been trolled! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Meh, about , what, 60% of the money they spend on petrol goes straight back to the government. Add that to the duty on ciggies and booze and most of it goes straight back to the well.

Having money is just an illusion, it just swirls around the drain before disappearing back into the government's coffers, one way or the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Not to worry guys, it is a campaign,

http://www.4president.org/image/1996/bobdole1996.gif

Bob Dole will sort out our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

you can also buy powered by FAS stickers aswell. :D

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/image/cache/data/fas2-500x500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Carson10 wrote: »
    you can also buy powered by FAS stickers aswell. :D

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/image/cache/data/fas2-500x500.jpg

For fas sake

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

You have to admit two things here.

1) It would be worth checking out if the owner is a claimant, and if so - put them on a reduced payment. Actual claimants bearing these stickers should be on a fucking bus.

2) If it is a real claimant with this sticker on their car, they're scum.

And how on earth is taking away their cars going to do anyone any good. It's just reducing their employment options even further. Stick them on a bus....that's just great. I live 3 miles from my nearest bus stop. Maybe tomorrow I'll walk 3 miles along the edge the road in my best suit and see how I look by the time I reach my destination. I'm sure I won't have mud splashed half way up my trousers, scuffed shoes and a jacket covered in sticky burrs.

And clearly anybody who has that bumper sticker is bragging. Nobody ever uses them to convey a message. No young people are disillusioned with the world and fed up of having to rely on social welfare to live. Nah they're all scum.

You know, now that I think about it one of my friends has a bumper sticker that says she has a perfect body but that it is in the boot of her car.........

I should probably let the gardai know at once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I saw a young lad driving a car last week in Galway with a big sticker on the back window that said "Powered by the dole" He was only late teens I'd say and he was driving a civic. I just thought FFS that boy must have no pride/shame!

Fast forward to the weekend and two more boy racer cars drivers early 20's with the same stickers in the back windows in both Galway and Offaly. Is this a trend now? Are young lads actually proud to be wasters and want to shout it from the rooftops??? Or are they just rubbing it in our faces that we're paying for their suped-up saxos?!:confused:

ok so your telling me you can bye pay and insure a car for 100 euros a week?

:pac:

what banana boat did you come in on :D

its probably a joke....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Snowie wrote: »

its probably a joke....

Don't be silly - surely if they're dole scum then they won't bother with tax and insurance and probably stole the cars from poor tax paying workers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ffs I'm gonna go dole tomoro demand them to give me more money so I can buy a decent car and then demand a sticker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

Jasus where can you get those stickers :eek: lol..

http://fkperformance.ie/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=91
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

chasm wrote: »

Thanks I need to photocopy that and stick on me first. Can't afford to but a real one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

pyjama wearin b@stards

You can put it in the same category as "Chick on board" stickers.
    Whenever you go past them it's always a fat oulone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've been so busy doing nothing, I nearly forgot I've to sign on today

actual true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've been so busy doing nothing, I nearly forgot I've to sign on today

actual true story.

That's very lazy

That's very lazy

I didn't say I'm not doing it because I'm too busy doing nothing, I said I nearly forgot I have to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm going to put one of those stickers on my private jet and another on my yacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

hondasam wrote: »
    The dole must be sponsoring them, free advertising.
    That advertising seems to be paying off. You should see the queues to get into the local dole office.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

The youth of the country have been massively fcuked over by the government's mismanagement of the economy. I see no harm in satirizing the dire situation.

That advertising seems to be paying off. You should see the queues to get into the local dole office.:eek:

yeah it does work. sure i'm on my way there today to sign on, purely because of this thread. would've forgotten otherwise, and would've been cut off! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Its called a joke.

And there is no shame in being on the dole either, only snobs look down on people on it, many are there through no fault of their own, made redundant etc, not to mention that there is massive youth unemployment

I agree that there is no need to feel ashamed if you are forced to live on the dole due to bad luck/circumstaces etc. However, a sticker like that just mocks the genuine people who are on the dole and looking for a job. It's people like those drivers who make taxpayers resentful towards those on the dole...it is just pure stupidity and unnecessary provocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It’s only someone having a laugh. Some people need to untwist their knickers/boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'm greatly amused by the idea of disillusioned boy racers who are trying to make a statement against the mismanagement of the government. Actually I'm still laughing thinking about that. You are giving them far too much credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I think they forgot to get the stickers "Powered by the dole and my Mammy".

If they had rent, bills, food to pay for they wont be able to afford a car. I have been away in college during the year on 188 a week with rent, bills, food to come out of this. My younger brother doing a fas course with an allowance of 225 a week and still at home. Goes out every weekend drinking. Bought a car, insured it, tax, petrol and because of this my mother thinks he cant pay housekeeping. On the other hand, my sister and when I lived at home (even on the dole), there would be holy war if my mother never got housekeeping + bills + buy our own food of the girls. Hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Snowie wrote: »
    I saw a young lad driving a car last week in Galway with a big sticker on the back window that said "Powered by the dole" He was only late teens I'd say and he was driving a civic. I just thought FFS that boy must have no pride/shame!

Fast forward to the weekend and two more boy racer cars drivers early 20's with the same stickers in the back windows in both Galway and Offaly. Is this a trend now? Are young lads actually proud to be wasters and want to shout it from the rooftops??? Or are they just rubbing it in our faces that we're paying for their suped-up saxos?!:confused:

its probably a joke....

Yes, it can be done. My brother did it last year. But had free food, no household bills, no rent and no housekeeping to my mother for giving him all this for free. I wish I had a willy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod
    Who gives a shit whose post-stalking who?
    Its got nothing to do with this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

I want one of those stickers please for my F355 Scuddera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

On what grounds would people be reproving them? :confused:

Assuming that you don;t know they're working and drawing the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

They should have a note in their postbox: 'Car taken away by the taxman' :D

Honestly, the dole money should be used for essentials, not for cars to show up with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It called the Irish sense of humour and we should be proud of it because many parts of the world have nothing near approaching it.
    Maybe all the martyrs could get stickers made saying "Powered by hard work and self flagellation" Would that even things up :rolleyes:

This belongs in the same category. If we can't smile at this clusterfúck of a country what else can we do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I read somewhere that people who graduate during an economic downturn if they are lucky enough to find a job, will earn less and not catch up to those who graduate during the good times until ten years after entering the jobs market.
    Thats a pretty big difference. You can't ignore it.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself though, I'm just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Flaker

Not really anything to do with this thread but I saw a car the other day with a sticker that read "4 doors for all the whores". It was dead classy and so was the bloke driving the car. I did laugh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Its called a joke.

And there is no shame in being on the dole either, only snobs look down on people on it, many are there through no fault of their own, made redundant etc, not to mention that there is massive youth unemployment
    There probably should be some sort of stigma about living off the charity of others, but I have no problem with people who genuinely want to work drawing the dole (I've done it myself). It's the people who want to make a career of it that bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yes, it can be done. My brother did it last year. But had free food, no household bills, no rent and no housekeeping to my mother for giving him all this for free. I wish I had a willy.
    You can have mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Saint Pio Protect Us

• Advertisement
Advertisement