Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Powered By The Dole" stickers on cars

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Agricola wrote: »
    It called the Irish sense of humour and we should be proud of it because many parts of the world have nothing near approaching it.
    Maybe all the martyrs could get stickers made saying "Powered by hard work and self flagellation" Would that even things up :rolleyes:

This belongs in the same category. If we can't smile at this clusterfúck of a country what else can we do?

Maybe pay some bloody tax

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Bloody gas.. What a sticker !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

But its not even funny. Its actually insulting to those that have to go out and earn their taxes to pay their dole.

I find it pretty funny anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Maybe they're highlighting that the greed of your generation caused the current recession which resulted in them not able to find employment.

Exactly hard for people my age to find work and get looked down upon by people ten years older, This recession is in no way the people in their early twenties fault so as far as I am concerned its ridiculous that some people our age dont even get full dole when this mess is not our fault.

As soon as the country picks up and we get jobs we will pay tax and work unlike alot of people in there 30's at the moment who have never or no intent to ever work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'm greatly amused by the idea of disillusioned boy racers who are trying to make a statement against the mismanagement of the government. Actually I'm still laughing thinking about that. You are giving them far too much credit.
    ^^^THIS!^^^

The last fella I saw was (embarrassingly) my cousin actually who is only 2/3yrs younger than me, never worked a day in his life (so sorry to say you can't blame everything on the reccession and a certain generation:rolleyes:) My brother offered him a few days work on 3 seperate occassions, first time he was meant to be there at 7.30am he didn't arrive til 9am, second time he said leave it til 8am, he swans in near 10am and third time he didn't show at all. Needless to say, he wasn't offered work again. Out and out WASTER!!!

As medusa said, far too much credit given regarding the intelligence or thinking behind these stickers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

I think they are hilarious,im around the age everyone is slagging and im on the dole, havent had any work in near enough 2 years now, thankfully im going back to education in september, the stickers will still be humorous then.

538532_10150631057693613_1058345969_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Its actually shocking to see so many people on here getting outraged over a fucking bumper sticker, they're not meant to be taken seriously FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Where's your sense of humour?
    It's clearly a joke. The majority of bumper stickers are jokes. Lighten up!

Also, stop trying to put all these so-called ''boy racers'' into the one group/stereotype. Being somebody who is on the dole or even being a young man who is big into cars (just getting that from the ''boy racer'' thing), does not mean they are wasters. Sure, some are wasters. Then again, I'm sure there are also some 40 year old women who are 'wasters' too. Stop stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Its called a joke.

And there is no shame in being on the dole either, only snobs look down on people on it, many are there through no fault of their own, made redundant etc, not to mention that there is massive youth unemployment

Fully agree. Just a pity the country is so fecked, because there's a clear need for humour transplants all over the place.:rolleyes::):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Jasus where can you get those stickers :eek: lol..

They are available on the Internet. I found this site selling them and several others.
    http://shop.thestickyrings.com/novelty-stickers/298-powered-by-the-dole.html

My favourites would be "Fcuk your Honda Civic" and "Lower than your granny's nipples". They're a hell of a lot better than my favourite hate "Baby on board", as though I was going to run into anyone who hadn't a sticker like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement