Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Takeover

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We have been ridiculously quiet of late.

Maybe Harry wont need to go to Qatar for his retirement fund after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Let's go shopping:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

We have been ridiculously quiet of late.

Read somewhere this morning that Levys mother died recently so that might have something to do with why we so quiet seeing as he negotiates everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I personally hope this isn't true anyway.

Yeah, she was a great woman. hopefully its a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »

Probably ballicks but I live in hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I would prefer it not to be true .... but the only way we will be able to compete with the utter madness that is premiership football these days is to have a rich owner ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'd prefer to do things the way as they are rather than living with the tag of buying the league ala City. Just look at their league positions in the seasons before their takeover.

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'd prefer to do things the way as they are rather than living with the tag of buying the league ala City. Just look at their league positions in the seasons before their takeover.

Nothing in the record books about them or anyone else buying the league ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/football-first/120701/roberts-avb-levy-bale-and-tottenhams-transfer-targets-175612

This is an interesting interview with Graham Roberts on Talksport earlier. He says that there is major Arab investment supposedly coming into the club. The other day Alan Brazil said on his talksport show that there was major news to be announced next week regarding Spurs that will blow your socks off!!!

Are we about to jump on the gravy train?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/football-first/120701/roberts-avb-levy-bale-and-tottenhams-transfer-targets-175612

This is an interesting interview with Graham Roberts on Talksport earlier. He says that there is major Arab investment supposedly coming into the club. The other day Alan Brazil said on his talksport show that there was major news to be announced next week regarding Spurs that will blow your socks off!!!

hhmm Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Investors instead of take over I'd say it's stadium financing.

Investors instead of take over I'd say it's stadium financing.

So what you reckon, investment in the new stadium plans ? It's all good either way !

Hatch99 wrote: »
    So what you reckon, investment in the new stadium plans ? It's all good either way !

I've heard a lot of rumours that stadium funding would be sorted this month and construction would start at the end of the month.

I think. Its definitely part of the stadium funding!

I've heard a lot of rumours that stadium funding would be sorted this month and construction would start at the end of the month.

I think. Its definitely part of the stadium funding!

Like I said, it can only be good so...

Happy days:D I hope ;)

So on the soccer forum someone mentioned it was the Kirsty royal family and it was a takeover. Naturally I googled them and checked wiki.

One line struck me most in 1991 after the gulf war Time magazine estimated the royal family's worth at $90 billion. By 2010 their worth was unknown but estimated to of tripled or possibly quadrupled in that time. :-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

We shud announce the new players, avb and the investment the same day and then tell Luca he has been sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Bale's new contract rumoured to be £125,000 a week. Makes sense if takeover/investment taking place...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Big difference between investment and takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Big difference between investment and takeover.

I agree. Though I think large investment would be best for us. Levy can stay in control, yet we will have further financial backing.

If the rumours of Bale's contract are true, then I can only assume an investment/takeover deal has already been signed. Levy is too intelligent to spend money before the cash hits the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Apparently Levy has a serious family illness to take care of too. He may see this as a good time to sell if he cant give 100% to club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

When was the announcement supposed to be made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

greendom wrote: »
    When was the announcement supposed to be made ?
    I think it's all hearsay for now greendom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

The Qatari consortium that owns mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain is interested in buying 25 per cent of Tottenham Hotspur. The group are keen to invest in the Premier League and have held discussions with ENIC – the company that owns a majority stake in Spurs – and Chairman Daniel Levy.

UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations restrict the group from purchasing any more than 25 per cent of another European club due to their ownership of PSG.
    But the move will still be a significant boost for the north Londoners and should mean new boss Andre Villas-Boas has up to £200 million to splash on wages and transfer fees this summer.

The move is likely to mark a change in policy at White Hart Lane. Spurs have been notoriously thrifty in recent seasons and last January former boss Harry Redknapp was restricted to bringing in veterans Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha on free transfers.

This summer, the north Londoners have already beaten Liverpool to the signature of Gylfi Sigurdsson, reportedly by offering him a significant wage packet and this could be a sign of things to come. Under the deal, Levy will remain as chairman and ENIC will continue to hold a majority share of the club.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/06/tottenham-hotspur-could-be-set-for-200m-investment-as-qatari-consortium-eyes-premier-league-deal/

Wowzers
    £200M. Im giddy with excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Nice if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Most of that 200 million will go into the new stadium I'd say, if it happens that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

In football, as with life – there is rarely smoke without fire. Even the most far fetched of stories has a spark…

The rumours regarding ‘new’ money at Spurs is certainly one that deserves attention and one that won’t go away. The signs are there, there’s a different feeling about Spurs at the moment.

Obviously the excitement of AVB and the expectation of what the new regime will bring Is partly to do with that – but look a little deeper…

There is a confidence about all connected with Spurs – almost like there has been a plan in place for a very long time, and only now are the first signs of this coming to fruition. Tottenham Hotspur have – under the guidance of Daniel Levy have been run impeccably – certainly on the financial side. Our climb from mid table non enteritis, to slugging it out with Europe’s elite has been remarkable – more so when you consider the size and financial wealth of ‘some ‘ of our rivals.

The club has punched well above it’s weight over the last few years especially, not only keeping on the coat tails of the two Manchester clubs, Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea – but in the case of the later two finishing above them. In Liverpool’s case…consistently now. Yet right now – at this very moment, on the eve of another long campaign – it feels different.

Gareth Bale’s contract extension is telling. Already committed to the club – he put pen to paper on a (if you believe some reports) circa £100k deal, smashing our ‘unbreakable’ wage structure. A one off – for our most valuable asset…NOT the case.

There is a confidence about all connected with Spurs – almost like there has been a plan in place for a very long time, and only now are the first signs of this coming to fruition. Gylfi Sigurdsson’s arrival (reportedly ) circa £70k, blowing Liverpool out of the water and securing the deal.

The long drawn out saga of Jan Vertonghen is another clue. Heavily linked to Woolwich for the majority of the last campaign. Reports even suggested the deal was close, if not already done. Yet against the odds the Belgium and former Ajax captain is now a Spur. Turning his back on Champions League football and making it plainly obvious that it was only Spurs he wanted to play for ‘publicly’

The expected arrival of Hugo Lloris is another pointer, of a yet to be told story at the lane. French reports are certain that he is heading to the lilywhite side of north London. Again, some claiming that he is only interested in one team. The same Lloris who is captain of his national side and could just about pick a club from the cream of Europe… he looks to have chose Spurs.

The above obviously doesn’t include Adebayor, who although, would take a pay cut from his astronomical salary at City – the fact we are suddenly in a position to even contemplate the permanent signing is light years away from where we were, just a few short months ago.

Levy is aware of what happened to Chelsea and Manchester City when their new money was revealed, it really was a case of add a nought to any proposed transfer fee.

Those of us with a cockerel firmly tattooed to their chest are fully aware that our leader is no mug and while I don’t expect the untold riches of Sheikh Mansour – something has happened.

Wouldn’t it be just like Daniel Levy to play the biggest blag of all and announce our ‘NEW’ money and it’s origins…sometime shortly after the transfer window on September 1st?

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2012/07/spurs-new-money/?

• Advertisement

In football, as with life – there is rarely smoke without fire. Even the most far fetched of stories has a spark…
    http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2012/07/spurs-new-money/?

Did Levy write that? :D

Advertisement