Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAWS Animal Rescue Chuggers/Scam?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else have the guys from PAWS Animal Rescue come to their door over the weekend?
    I didn't donate because when i asked if any of the money was going to be spent helping animals in Galway, i was told 'No, because the centre is in Tipperary' also he admitted that he didn't even work for them. After i declined he said 'Awe please miss, i'm after gettin the bus all the way from Dublin to do this'
    I felt kind of guilty but if it was GalwaySPCA or Madra i'd have no problem donating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

A lot of regular chuggers get 30% of what they take in.

What's worse are the ones that won't take change but instead want you to hand over your bank details. FOAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Was talking to one of my friends about this earlier and she said that Galway Bay fm announced on Saturday that there were guys going from door to door collecting for an animal charity and it was a scam. It's a bit too much of a coincidence really!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

What's worse are the ones that won't take change but instead want you to hand over your bank details. FOAD.

There's an odd logic that chuggers get paid; it's how they get people to do it for some charitits. You should always ask the chugger are they receiving a %.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I know for a fact that the guys on Grafton st Dublin who try to get you to sign up to charity by standing order are paid based on how many sign ups a day they get, and they aren't on minimum wage.

My sister volunteered for a day of chugging and was surprised to find out that she was given 30% of what she collected at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

F that. give 20 euro in brown coins.

Advertisement