Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jogging vs muscle building

• 11-06-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

recently i lost alot of weight and got used to my morning jog..

now my trainer says i need to tone up my body and i have very little cardo and mainly just weights thats fine...

but will jogging cause me to not be able to build muscle around my body ,should i just do morning weights instead.

should i keep up the morning jog and will my body tone if i continue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

how far are you running, at what intensity? every morning? what's the weights programme like?

if it's not affecting your recovery from weights sessions or your energy levels generally, and you're eating enough to fuel yourself and recover/grow muscle then you should be fine.

The underlined part above is important - as long as you're eating sufficient calories (a decent surplus) then the jogging shouldn't be detrimental to muscle building - but if you're doing too much, you may not be able to eat enough.

Advertisement