Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED IDEAS

Options
  • 11-06-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi guys!
    Im in the process of starting my own barbering business. Im looking to have a funky shop design and have it decorated with cool pictures and equipment.

I am stuck though on considering a name for the shop and was wondering if anyone can help out and throw a few cool names at me ?

Regards
    Glenn
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

"Hair Lingus"......?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

keep the place bland with no pictures and furniture, charge less and call it ryanhair!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

To be honest if you are appealing to the average man you want to keep things simple. Bit of music, couple of sports magazines, the independant, and call the place gavins barbers.

the only things that matter to most lads are that it costs at most a tenner and you have the banter. Its almost entirely about the personal touch.

It might actually go against you if the place is too funky and gives the impression of a salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

I agree, I'm not interested in funky etc, Just cut my hair cheaper than the rest, My local barber is there 30 years and it shows, He has todays newspaper while you wait, radio on at the backround, there's no pictures on the wall etc, gets great support from older people which is good steady trade. Oh and be able to talk about the weather and politics in great depth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Cant help you with the name but checkout Squadhelp.com for assistance with the name... I highly recommend that service for crowd sourcing business names and product names. Go for the $50 option, it should return you over 200 suggestions.

A bit off topic but regarding "ideas" for the business in general...

Have free Wifi and a water cooler.

Set yourself apart from the competition as much as possible. Consider introducing a loyalty program... could be a simple card which you stamp after each visit, fill the card (5-10 cuts, decide that yourself) and the customer gets a free cut or a discount or even an additional service with their next cut ie a shave or some free product like gels or sprays.

Can you add an additional revenue stream by offering grooming products to the customers at a competitive price point?

Good luck with the new venture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement