Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Newry

Options
  • 11-06-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi myself and another friend are looking to rent a 2 bed apartment in the centre of Newry. We are 2 young professional girls and unfamiliar with the city. From looking online there seems to be a few on the market which I hope to view in the next few days.
    I am looking for advice regarding the best area to live or is there certain places to avoid in particular?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

roseed wrote: »
    Hi myself and another friend are looking to rent a 2 bed apartment in the centre of Newry. We are 2 young professional girls and unfamiliar with the city. From looking online there seems to be a few on the market which I hope to view in the next few days.
    I am looking for advice regarding the best area to live or is there certain places to avoid in particular?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are a few nice appartments on the Omeath road immediately after the Quays facing the canal. Most people go for 3 bed houses and they are actually cheaper in most cases. Rent is about £450/month for an ex-council house in one of the estates. If you have a car you could live 3 miles away in Bessbrook for less. There are a few nice estates with a couple of apartments in them out the Rathfriland road but its a few minutes drive outside the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roseed

Thanks for your reply. I have seen houses in Bessbrook area, only problem being I will be travelling to near Warrenpoint/Kilkeel area for work everyday so the other side of Newry would probably be better..?
    Omeath road in Newry? not coming up on map at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

roseed wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I have seen houses in Bessbrook area, only problem being I will be travelling to near Warrenpoint/Kilkeel area for work everyday so the other side of Newry would probably be better..?
    Omeath road in Newry? not coming up on map at all..

I'm at an airport so the connection wont load google maps for me. Its immediately after Quays shopping centre if you're moving away from Buttercraine shopping centre. The flats are facing the canal.

Advertisement