Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get glass panel for shower door?

• 11-06-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I have a corner square shower and one of the glass panels shattered when I was having a shower a few weeks ago (it hurt) and I was wondering where I could get a new glass panel without having to buy a whole new enclosure? it consists of 2 sliding doors and 2 stationary glass partitions the same size again either side of the 2 doors. http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=9279&loc=P&catid=5.7
    This would be the best example, I just need the glass for one door. Any ideas? I can imagine its some sort of tempered glass or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

First place I would try would be my local glass shop/ merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can try la beck in Dunloaghaire but to be honest from experience unless you can go back to the manufacturer you will be out of luck.

Going to a glazing company will set you back more than the price of the door new because the glass legally has to be tuffoned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

I'm in Galway so I'm gonna try and go back to place where it was bought but i fear i'm gonna have to buy a whole new enclosure......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Well after an extensive search I found out that it's cheaper to buy a whole new enclosure than to get an individual door. Instead I just went for a glass panel, toughened. €80 do the job.

Advertisement